What happened to DJ John Powell on US 99.5 radio?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I was wondering the same thing to, never heard anything on the radio. Anyway,here's what i found.

WIND Whisks Howell Away From US99.5

Sep. 11, 2006

By Ken Tucker

Windy City radio veteran “Big John” Howell segues from mornings at CBS Radio country WUSN (US 99.5)/Chicago to a similar airshift at crosstown Salem news talk WIND.

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Howell has signed a three-year deal with Salem.

Joining Howell as co-host will be Cisco Cotto, former news anchor and reporter at ABC Radio news talk WLS. They will replace the syndicated Bill Bennett on Sept. 25.

"It's a big risk, but if I didn't take it, I'd kick myself forever," Howell told the paper.

Until a permanent replacement is named, mornings on US99.5 will be hosted by incumbents Ray Stevens and Lisa Kosty.

Howell has been with WUSN since 1989, except for a short stint at what was then sister oldies station WJMK in 2003

Source(s): www.radioandrecords.com
  • 1 decade ago

According to US99's Ray Stevens, John was offered a contract to remain with the station but chose to go another direction. On the Internet we find he is at WIND as a talk show host

Source(s): US 99
  • 4 years ago

Us 99.5 Radio

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Buk is a proponent of unfastened speech and appreciate for others. So it would not ask your self me to understand that Buk is open minded adequate to rejoice with many distinctive musical genres. As do I. there is not any deal to interrupt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.