Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 1 decade ago

I have a 1 gig SD memory card full of photos from my holidays and now it says 'memory card error'?

I can't access my photos. I can't even find out if they are on the card. I put the card into my printer and got the same message 'memory card error'. Can anyone help me. There were about 300 holiday photos from overseas on the card.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, before you jump in to format the card, put it back into the camera and see if you can preview them there. If you can, then there is hope that you can take it to a different card reader and have it read. Otherwise, you already have suggestions to take it to a photo lab so you can do that irrespective of the outcome of the above.

If you can not get the pictures out an you do manage to format the card, please make sure you test some shots on the card before using it for a large number of photos.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The photos may be lost. If you can't access you can always try reformatting it, to see if the card will be useable in the future. Take it to a photlab first before you reformatt it as it will erase all the photos for sure. They may have a way of getting the photos off so check with them first.

• 1 decade ago

reformatting it, to see if the card will be useable in the future. Take it to a photlab first before you reformatt it as it will erase all the photos for sure. They may have a way of getting the photos off so check with them first.

2 hours ago

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bring it to the camera lab or service center,they able to save the data inside the SD card.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This is where you say, "Thank God I bought a brand name card and now I can use their bundled image recovery software." Or is that what you will say next time when you have bought a card to replace this one?

• 1 decade ago

I was able to recover mine with a program called zero or also call zap. Got 90% of the pictures.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sorry the card is currupt... you can take it to a data recovery shop if u have extra money.

• 1 decade ago

the mem card's dead, mate.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.