Karim M asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How can I perform liposuction on myself?

I need to get fat off of my abs/stomach but it is so hard and the results take too long to come. I think liposuction is a good option, but I dont have the money. I've been thinking about self-liposuction, but its very complicated. I need something that is sharp enough to cut through the skin without too much pressure, like an X-acto knife, or if you can think of anything else to cut with. Where can I buy that cutting object? I also need some way to numb the section I will be cutting becuse that would really hurt. How and where can I get a topical anesthetic to numb the skin and the parts under it? Plus I need to know if I will bleed to death or if blood will gush out like mad, and also if the cut will heal on its own or if I should go to the emergency room for stiches. I am serious here. I am really going to go through with this once i get the right info. Thank you for your help.

I forgot to mention that I am VERY ACTIVE. I just cant get the fat off my abs, no matter how hard I try.

• poppet
    Favorite Answer

Liposuction is a very dangerous procedure even for a doctor. People have died having it done. So for anyone to do it to themselves would be very bad. You could easily bleed to death, or cause a major infection. You could cut yourself and pass out before you could do anything and then where would you be?

here is some info about regular liposuction, when done by a doctor:

Because liposuction is a medical procedure, there are risks involved. Some of the complications that may happen upon having liposuction are:

* Fluid imbalance due to the removal of a lot of liquid during liposuction and/or injection of large amounts of liquid during liposuction which can result to shock, heart problems, or kidney problems.

* Infections happen after any surgery and some physicians prescribe an antibiotic to patients having liposuction so it is important to keep the wound clean. Infections may be life threatening such as necrotizing fasciitis (bacteria eating away the tissue) or the toxic shock syndrome caused by bacteria associated with surgery.

* Embolism occurs when tiny globules of fat trapped in the blood stream blocks the blood flow to the tissue. This may cause permanent disability. Signs of pulmonary embolism are shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing.

* Drug reactions or overdose from lidocaine is fatal. Lidocaine is a drug that numbs the skin and large doses of this is used during liposuction. The effects of lidocaine are lightheadedness, restlessness, drowsiness, slurred speech, muscle twitching, and convulsions. Overdose of this drug may cause the heart to stop which is naturally fatal.

* Burns caused by the ultrasound probe during ultrasound assisted liposuction.

* Visceral perforations or puncture wounds in the organs may require another surgery and can be fatal. During liposuction, the physician does not see where the probe (canula) is, so it is possible to harm internal organs.

* Skin death (skin necrosis) occurs when skin changes color and fall off. This may also cause infection.

* Paresthesias is an altered sensation at the site of liposuction. This may be in the form of increased sensitivity in the area or loss of feeling. Some cases of this are permanent.

* Swelling

* Death

Given that the surgery had no major complications, recovery from liposuction can still be difficult.

The liposuctioned area appears larger than before because of swelling.

Special compression garments must be worn for two to three weeks to reduce swelling, bleeding, and to help contour the new body. The patient starts to feel better after a week or two after liposuction.

Walking is recommended after liposuction to prevent blood clots forming in the legs. Finally, exercise and diet will help keep your new shape.

_____________________________________________

Please don't do this to yourself! It's very dangerous!

• David3 months agoReport

There may be a safer way,you can have a cold wrap placed say around your middle,this will reduce the fat cells in size,however several procedures need to be performed to before anything noticed,however ,a bad diet will just come back

Diy Liposuction

At Home Liposuction

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I need to get fat off of my abs/stomach but it is so hard and the results take too long to come. I think liposuction is a good option, but I dont have the money. I've been thinking about self-liposuction, but its very complicated. I need something that is sharp enough to cut through the skin...

Source(s): perform liposuction myself: https://shortly.im/3eSJM

It is dangerous to do something like that to one's own self. So performing liposuction on oneself is completely ruled out, only if it is done by ann experienced doctor only then it will be considered safe.

Walk into a co-worker's desk to chat rather than instant messaging.

Eat in front of a person rather than screen. It cuts down on mindless eating and making you more accountable for each chew.

You can t go to a professional plastic surgeon or deal with the fact you have excess fat following massive weight loss or in my case having three children... End of ..

For sandwich-lovers, use spinach or swiss chard leaves rather than a wrap, skip the peel of cheese, and load through to the veggies.

Add cooked whole grains to some salad to increase the linens and protein and make the meal feel as pleasing.