defination of swaying,surging yawing,heaving,pitching and rolling?

Favorite Answer

swaying----easy back and forth movement

surging---- an engine characteristic with sudden thrusts, or a sudden rush of water. There could also be a sudden electrical surge, a burst of energy

yawing----a continual back and forth veering off course, irregular , unsteady steering motion

heaving----to cause to rise and fall repeatedly(or could be getting sea sick)

pitching----fore and aft motion, to to rise and fall alternately bow and stern.

rolling---side to side motion , swaying from side to side

Source(s): sailor

Define Swaying

These are the six degrees of freedom a ship has. Sway is side to side ( X-axis) motion of a ship, surging is the fore and aft motion, yawing is the change in ships heading side to side, heaving is the vertical up and down motion, pitching is the up and down motion of the vessel on a (Y-axis) about the center point of a ship, and rolling is a side to side motion of a ship about its horizontal fore andaft center line

Source(s): bowditch

Always were my favourites better than the Beatles,but did like Bill Haley. I like Mick Jagger's I can't get no satisfaction,I was 25 when Haley hit the pop scene ,that makes me 85.

thats my boat, on a moonlit night with just me and the wife aboard. but theres also waves.

What is the question? What is a defination?

dont know sounds like me when im drunk

er.. what?!