ScTwin1 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

What are your experiences with depot lupron?

I have had horrible side effects from the Depot Lupron shot (3-months doasage), now I am not talking about depot provera, this is a stronger shot to treat endometriosis. It has helped with the pain and lessened the growths, but I have bad hot flashes, weight gain, dryness, the list goes on. Anyone have better experience with it? Can anyone suggest an alternative treatment?? BCPs don't work, i tried them already.

Favorite Answer

Stay FAR away from Lupron!!!!!

Endo is an estrogen dominance disease. You need to replace the progesterone that your body is missing with a NATURAL PROGESTERONE CREAM! Email me and I can tell you more.

This is some very nasty stuff. :(

Here is an article I found....

Be Careful of Lupron for Endometriosis, It Could Be the Kiss of Death

By Nicholas Regush

This particular saga began a decade ago with an injection of a powerful prescription drug called Lupron. Lynne Millican took the shot for endometriosis, a condition in which pieces of the lining of the uterus are found in other parts of the body, especially in the pelvic cavity.

Ten years later, Millican believes she is still suffering from the effects of that injection. Her many symptoms have included the development of a noncancerous tumor, breast cysts, cardiac arrythmias, dizziness, swelling and fatigue.

Millican is a registered nurse (and paralegal) living in the Boston area who has become deeply involved in a grass-roots movement to force the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Members of Congress to take a close look at Lupron.

The FDA first approved Lupron in 1985 for treatment of men with advanced prostate cancer, and then approved it for treatment of endometriosis in 1990 and uterine fibroids in 1995.

"There are thousands in the United States who say they have been victimized by this drug," Millican said, emphasizing that symptoms can be severe, such as tremors, seizures and memory loss.

"Many women I know say their symptoms didn't stop when they stopped taking the drug."

The FDA has received a wide range of reports of serious side-effects, including death, suspected to be associated with the use of Lupron, but the agency, which holds that the drug's benefits outweigh the risks, does not believe there is sufficient proof to blame Lupron.

TAP Pharmaceuticals Inc., jointly owned by Abbott Laboratories and Takeda Chemical Industries of Japan, has steadfastly maintained that Lupron is safe.

Millican, who feels that the FDA has been very slow on the draw with Lupron, is also frustrated by the lack of response from almost all of the many senators and representatives in Congress to whom she has written. She has even submitted written testimony to various committee hearings - but to no avail.

"It seems that no one but the people who suffer from Lupron are interested in looking into this drug," she said.

Millican cannot even recall anyone with an MD degree who has voiced strong concern about Lupron.

At the very least, she feels Lupron's safety should be an issue because doctors use it for purposes that were never approved by the FDA. While legal under federal law - once approved for an indication, a drug can be used for other purposes - unapproved use often occurs without the benefit of appropriate safety and efficacy studies.

One of Millican's main concerns is Lupron's unapproved use in fertility clinics. The drug is essentially used to suppress female hormones which produce a mature egg. This allows fertility doctors to then induce "controlled" stimulation of multiple eggs.

"I am concerned that women who undergo these procedures are not being sufficiently informed about Lupron's side-effects," Millican said.

There is even much more at stake, according to Millican. On September 5, she provided testimony to congressional committee hearings on stem cell research, pointing out that the use of Lupron in the process of creating embryos may cause "the very diseases that are being claimed as those

diseases necessitating embryonic stem cell research for a cure."

Millican finds it hard to swallow that the debate over stem cell research has totally ignored Lupron.

Redflagsweekly January 25, 2002

Dr. Mercola's Comment:

Folks, Lupron is a disaster drug that in no way shape or form treats the cause of the problem.

I have seen it absolutely devastate many women's lives. It is one of the few drugs that I actually cringe when patients tell me that they have taken it.

It is my experience and belief that this drug causes permanent neurological damage.

This drug needs to be avoided at all costs.

It is usually used for endometriosis, which is an estrogen dominance problem and is typically treated quite nicely with natural progesterone, a dietary program, and addressing the emotional stresses which cause the adrenal glands to become impaired

Since the adrenals is the main biological of estrogen and progesterone, it is important to restore the proper functioning of this gland.

One could take adrenal glandulars, or DHEA and pregnenolone, but those tend to be natural band-aids that don't address the reasons the adrenal became impaired.

1

I was one of the first guinea pigs to be prescribed Lupron for severe endometriosis in 1995. I had just undergone a laparoscopy and my ob-gyn insisted I try Lupron, especially, he said, because my husband and I had problems conceiving after one year of trying. The mood swings, migraines, dark, thick hair growth in weird places, hot flashes, and memory loss were only the beginning of the side effects I continue to have, 20 years later. I have not begun menopause, and the only baby that was conceived died in-utero at 16 weeks, and I never conceived again in my whole life. My endometriosis has gotten much worse, although I was diagnosed at stage 4 long ago, so I don t know what they would call the stage I have by now? 4+++? The pain has caused me to have to quit my dream job that I went to college for 7 years to work with children as a child psychologist, only to have my doctor reccomend I file for permanent disability because of the amount of pain medications I was taking to make it through the day, and the amount of memory loss I had incurred from Lupron. I have had hot flashes and mood swings for the past 20 years, so that now I need to take medication for PTSD for being attacked by a child at the school I worked with and my son I adopted when I was getting so sick and weak from the pain. I also have so many adhesions and scar tissue, it is really painful to eat a lot at once, because of the pain caused from intestinal blockages from the endometriosis. Please listen to those who have been on the medication and NOT your doctor!! YOu will also be at high risk for osteoporosis by the time you are 50, even if you are on Lupron for only 6 months. It is truly only a rotton bandaid that doctors get bonuses for and pharmaceutical companies get big bucks from the insurance at $2K per shot!! Don t do it!

If you wish to eliminate the uterine fibroids with easy to apply methods and techniques then you need the Fibroids Miracle process from here https://tr.im/34n1k

Fibroids Miracle use a mix of organic treatments and a multidimensional way of get rid of uterine fibroids, prevent their recurrence, increase fertility, provide the human body back in a hormonal balance, and entirely remove all signs such as for example pelvic force and suffering, bloating, disquiet, bleeding, and pain during sex.

The fibroids miracle is one of the simple stand more adept healing techniques of the fibroids wellness conditions.

I agree stop taking this drug. I have done two years of research because the dr. keeps pushing it on me. I have continued to tell him no. there was one dr. that said if I don't take it he wouldn't treat me. I didn't have him treat me. Dr.'s are trying to find a way out of solving problems, and this is NOT it. I am still struggling with endo and PCS, but I would rather struggle without the side effects. Best of luck to you. I hope you feel better REALLY soon.

Uterine fibroids are the non-cancerous tumor growths in the easy muscle layers of the uterus. The Uterine Fibroids is very common among the female gender during the early, middle and later reproductive decades and if you intend to remove it you'll need Amanda Leto's Fibroids Miracle guide from here https://tr.im/YIp2L .

Fibroids Miracle guide is just a total guide to managing uterine fibroids normally from home. 

The Fibroid miracle is definitely the most effective and easiest program to utilize to get your human anatomy back great health and it'll revitalize the quality of your day-to-day life. The fibroid wonder is your answer to a lasting option of one's uterine fibroids health condition.

You really need to read "Endometriosis Bible & Violet Protocol" by Zoe Brown (also available in electronic format here: http://www.endometriosisbible.info/ ). It's about how to eradicate endometriosis disease forever. It worked for me, you will see results in only a matter of weeks. Good Luck!

I have met women who did Lupron and then when they went off of it had issues with extreme fatigue such as due to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and even fibromyalgia. I haven't met any as of yet that had issues with insomnia or nausea when coming off the medication though.