Christians: What does God think of SNOWFLAKE babies?

I'm having trouble with this. Snowflake babies are born from frozen fertilized eggs that have been sitting in a fertility clinics freezers.....

My bible tells me that the Soul enters the body at fertilization, so is GOD freezing these souls, or is he putting them in some sort of waiting room until they are unfrozen?

And what happens to all of the frozen embryos that are discarded? Are their souls banished to hell?

Favorite Answer

Abortion was not such a big deal historically in Christianity:

Early in the 13th century, Pope Innocent III stated that the soul enters the body of the fetus at the time of "quickening" - when the woman first feels movement of the fetus.

St. Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274) also considered only the abortion of an "animated" fetus as murder.

Pope Gregory XIV in1591 - same thing

It wasn't changed until 1917.

Protestants (after the Reformation) followed a similar timeline.

It wasn't until the 1800s that abortion was picked up as cause by "social reformers".

So I guess it has only been a "sin" for 200 years.

God loves EVERYONE; we are all His children, even those that commit horrendous crimes. He will never turn from anyone, certainly not an innocent, unborn baby.

I have always been taught that a fertilized egg is a complete human with a soul; for a frozen fertilized egg, there would be no time, no place. In my heart I believe that this child is with God, in His presence until allowed the chance to grow. NEVER would an unborn child go to hell; they are closer to God than anyone, so that is where they would go.

• lenny

The funny thing is, the Bible doesn't say the soul enters at fertilization, and there is Biblical precedent that an unborn child is not considered a person (causing a miscarriage was not considered murder in the OT).

This is good material fo a horror flick, you know,Lightning comes and strikes a facility where these embryos are stored, and they start growing.

The lightning strike causes them to grow irregularly.

One slithers out with a butt full of eyeballs.

another has a foot growing out of his mouth, like me sometimes.

Man I can see the villagers now chasing these things with torches

the unborn don't go to hell. They are innocent souls.

People are freezing the souls by their free will. Even babies and innocent children don't go to hell. It is good that you are asking questions. Ask and you will receive. Bless you.

You just gotta love how creative the theists are when they can't begin to answer a question like this. There is no bible quote for them to throw at you, and the usual, "God works in mysterious ways" just doesn't cut it here. LMAO

I am sure that God treats the infants justly and would never condemn them.

well, they won't go to hell, because they haven't been fertilized yet, right? so they don't have souls yet...?

do they have souls yet?