health care profession?

i am a 40 yr old male interested in working in a hospital.is their a profession i could be trained for in my own community that would enable me to earn about 40 k year...not interested in nursing..something like a xray tech or similiar...can you help me

• Favorite Answer

I am a radiologic technologist (x-ray tech) we do alright but not as good as most people think. Different areas do better than others too. If you live in an area were the cost of living is high then there will be more pay than if you lived in a low income are. To become eligible to take the national registry to become an x-ray tech you can go to a 2 year or a 4 year school. The schools teach you the physics, anatomy, x-ray positioning, and radiation protection. If you go into something more than x-ray like cat scan, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, or Radiation Therapy you can do a lot better as far as pay. Radiology is a great field because it allows doctors to diagnose people's problems. If you are interested in it I would really research it because there are some things in radiology that are not the most interesting things to do as far as exams, but over all it is great.

• Radiology is an excellent career choice- If your versatile

it's even better. Learn how to do MRI's and PET Scans they don't have on call. Ultrasound tech and regular xray techs usually have to work weekends and on call.

X-Ray techs make pretty good money- depending on your area; anywhere from 30-60 K. Plus, usually in pretty high demand. Other options? Physical Therapy Assistant, Phlebotomist, Lab Tech- all make decent, if not great, money.

Radiology tech earns more than that I think. Biomedical engineering is not so squishy and earns about that.

• ♦cat

physical therapy, respiratory therapy, medical assistant, ward clerk, nursing assistant...ekg technician, nuclear med technician, list goes on.....go to any local community schools and inquire , i'm sure they can tell u what they have ....and i think those jobs that i mentioned earns more than 40k