How do you dry paint quickly?

I bought a bunch of clear glass ornaments from the store and some paint. What I do is, I pour paint (usually two colors) in the ornament and move it around, causing the paint to swirl and basically "coloring" the inside of the ornament. My problem is, after I'm done with an ornament, often the... show more I bought a bunch of clear glass ornaments from the store and some paint. What I do is, I pour paint (usually two colors) in the ornament and move it around, causing the paint to swirl and basically "coloring" the inside of the ornament.

My problem is, after I'm done with an ornament, often the paint runs, so the original pattern is lost and the colors streak and melt together. While this effect looks good, I'd rather the paint stays the way it was when I first worked on the ornament.
I tried using an airbrush to dry out the paint quickly. It actually just blew more wet paint all over the rest of the ornament. I gotta admit the results looked cool, but it's still not what I want. So, does anyone have any ideas on how to dry paint quickly? Maybe heat?