My computer cannot open some sites. can anyone help me with this?

I cannot find any similar traits in the sites that cannot be opened.

whenever i try to open these sites it gives messages like - "problem loading page" or "connection timed out".

I use both IE and Firefox and have the flash and shockwave plugins installed.

McAfee doesnt indicate any viruses and i have checked for spywares and adwares ,deleted cookies and temp. internet files, dns flushed, settings checked etc.

Some of the sites which cannot be opened are hotmail.com (while there is no problem with msn,yahoo,aol); smashitsusa.com(a music site); mouthshut.com...etc.

pretty big problem it seems... formatting seems to be an option..but can you people suggest something less invasive??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Run this free tool

1) Hijack This 1.99.1

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

2. If problem persists go to Last Known Good Configuraton

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore...use date prior to when the problem began.

stw

• 3 years ago

First you will desire to configure your systems connections thoroughly. make specific you enter the DNS server manage wonderful. Now information superhighway explorer 7 is on the marketplace. attempt utilizing that version of information superhighway explorer. different than for all this you will desire to swap your abode domicile windows. make specific you have sufficient bandwidth which at situations finally ends up in pages being unloaded. Your undertaking looks rather complicated to be solved by way of. messages. would desire to return there to unravel it , which in fact isn't achievable by way of me.

• 1 decade ago

All I'm going to tell you is if a person by the name of Evolution answers your question with 8 plus websites DO NOT OPEN THEM, they are viruses. Report him if he does...

• 1 decade ago

I think you typing wrong or your Internet is busted had the same problem when i had AOL 9.0

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Your parents must ahve turned on the parental guidance controls

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.