Brent
Brent asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

Manny Pacquiao vs. Azumah Nelson who wins?

Featherweight fight 15 rounds

I remember how Nelson just kept walking thru Gomez's punches. He really took it to Gomez and gave him a beating. Gomez in my opinion is an all time great.

Best Answer

Brent ~

In my opinion, Azumah would beat Manny. Azumah "The Professor" was just too well rounded for Manny "Pacman" Azumah fought' the who's who of the featherweight and lightweight divisions. His list is long and distinguished, Salvador Sanchez, Calvin Grove, Wilfredo Gomez, Pernell Whitaker, Jeff Fenech, Jesse James Leija the list goes on and on.

Manny Pacquiao is so one demensional, he can only fight coming forward and it would take Azumah maybe four rounds to figure out his mad rushes and his big left hand. Azumah would move to his own left and off-set Manny's attack and he would start to counter with striaght right hands right down the middle and finish with his very good left hook to the body.

Azumah went fifteen hard rounds with the great Salvador Sanchez, and that is when Salvador was just starting to show his greatness and Azumah was still pretty much unknown. Fifteen rounds would not be a problem for Azumah on the otherhand I think it would be a problem for Pacquiao, we don't know if he can go fifteen rounds and if his fights with Marquez and Morales were fifteen rounds ,I think he would have been knocked out both times.

As good as Morales was when he beat Pacquiao, Morales was still shot, he's been in wat too many wars and Berrera had a lot to do with him being shot. If Morales could beat Manny and be at the end of his career just imagine what Azumah in his prime would do to Manny.

The only person of any sagnificance that was anywhere near him prime that Pacquiao fought would have been Juan Manuel Marquez. Manny knocked him down three times in the first round and still only managed to get a draw. Azumah in his prime would beat the "Pacman" senseless and stop him in the 13 round.

Thanks Brent!

• Pancho

I'd say Nelson would beat Pacquiao by knockout by the 9th round. Pacquiao is to easy for an intelligent fighter like Nelson to figure out, right jab, right jab left cross! Nelson would figure out that combination by the 3rd round but Pacquiao would still be gutsy enough to last 6 more and Nelson would finally stop him by tko in rd 9.

nelson by split decision.nelson was a warrior just like pacquiao,but nelson was just a little better all around.pac man has better power but azumah nelson had a rock-hard chin.nelson would win with the jab.i tell you one thing i would pay any amount to see this fight if it were real.

Im a Die Hard Pacquiao Fan but I cant see Pacquiao winning this one.

It might be competitive but Nelson will win 14th round KO

Azumah Nelson was like a rock and his style was unorthodox. He took Sanchez to the limit and keep Pacquaio away enough to frustrate him over 15 rounds.

Manny Pacquiao can go the distance. He's very stong and fast. He can take Azumah Nelson.

Hey Brent F! Good question sir. Pac Man likes to come forward and I look back to what Nelson done to Fenech a few years ago and how he figured him out with his toughness and great boxing ability. I believe he would be too smart for Pacquiao and would clearly outbox and confuse him wearing him down in the later rounds and winning by TKO in the 13th round.

I agree with Santanna D... I think Manny is very one dimensional and eventually Azumah would figure him out just as Marco Antonio Berarra did Naseem Hamed. The outcome would be very similar.

Great, great, great, great match-up. The irresistible force meets the immovable object.

Nelson's crossarm defense wards off Pacquiao's furious onslaught.

Nelson.

The Pac-Man...always. Win or lose.