Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

what is an extra value meal from mcdonald's?

Favorite Answer

Ever since McDonald's invented the Extra Value Meal™, I was a spirited supporter of the "two cheeseburger meal," a.k.a. the "Number two." Suffice to say, I was distraught when it mysteriously disappeared off their menu a little over a year ago. I think they probably lost a small percentage of their market, but those little cheeseburgers couldn't be profitable anyway. I started eating Big Macs.

Last night I was determined to relive my childhood and eat the "Classic #2,"** so I order two cheeseburgers, medium fries, medium coke. The manager who was hovering about swooped in and asked, "Would you like the value meal?" Of course I answered yes, of course I want to save money. I scanned my value options, no two cheeseburgers with a number. I asked the manager what number it was. "Oh, there's no number, just a button. They deleted the meal but kept the button."

So all this time I've been settling for a Big Mac, my server has been staring at a button that says TWO CHEESEBURGER VALUE MEAL? What other kinds of discontinued products do they buttons for? Can I get a McDLT just by asking for it? How about some New Coke with that?

We've all heard of In-N-Out's "secret menu," which offers crazy items like "burger wrapped in lettuce," or a suicide milk shake. But I never pegged McDonald's as an easter egg kind of company. Or maybe they're just trying to minimize their losses from us disenfranchised number 2 people. I'm ready for some answers.

** The new school number two is a Quarter Pounder with Cheese™, hardly a replacement for a classic.

• mielke

Mcdonalds Value Meals

• Erika

Extra Value Meal

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): extra meal mcdonald 39 s: https://tr.im/4qoVy
  • GrnApl

An extra value meal is a variety of hamburger or chicken or salad meals. Rather than paying individually for each item the group them together and give you a discounted price. So instead of paying 3.99 you might pay 2.99. It also gives you the option of picking the portion size for just a small additonal charge which would be more if you were to pay ala carte.

• Jane

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aw33K

right because there is such a mark up on the items that the third item is already paid for when you buy the value meal. i work for burger king and a wopper actually costs the compay 36 cents to make!!!!!

2 big macs an order of fries and a drink

More grease for less! I'm hurling it.

Enough grease, fat and sugar to make you fatter than you already are!!

Funny, I was wondering the same thing myself