promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Zoe
Lv 4
Zoe asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Did You See Bail reduction denied for illegal rape suspect?

BRIDGETON -- A Bridgeton man charged with participating in the alleged group rape of a 13-year-old Millville girl last week was denied a reduction in bail Friday.

Alfonso Ponce, 20, of Laurel Street, is an illegal immigrant, according to his lawyer, Carlos Andujar.

He remained at Cumberland County Jail in lieu of $200,000 bail along with four others charged in the case: Raul Chasares, 24 and Oscar Estrada Lopez, also of Laurel Street, and Edson Leones, 19, and Vicente Rodriguez, 25.

Authorities are looking into the possibility of a sixth individual being involved in the incident.

A criminal complaint lists the address for Leones and Rodriguez as George Brooks Road in Hopewell Township, where the two men are employed at Brookside Nursery.

Brookside Nursery owner Jeffrey Brooks said on Wednesday the two men lived in Bridgeton.

The immigration status of the other four individuals is still under investigation.

Brooks claimed to have paperwork for both Leones and Rodriguez which could verify their legal working status but said, for privacy reasons, he would not provide copies of these documents to the News.

"They showed me Social Security cards and whatever else you need," he stated.

Superior Court Judge John Waters Jr. said in court Friday that while he did not want to hold the immigration status of Ponce against him, it raised a red flag.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What would make them come back? Once they are willing to have one set of forged social security cards you have to assume they'll drop that identity in a heart beat and get another set rather than go to jail.

That is even assuming they are INNOCENT of the rape, which I don't really assume, at all.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Yakuza
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The guy here in AZ that is accused of raping that 14 year old girl at the high school where he worked as a janitor was proved to be illegal too and the school fired the janitor service for hiring him ,he had forged papers.

I know not all illegals do criminal acts other than crossing the border illegally but it was a question posted here a couple of days ago,and I live in AZ.

• Bob
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

So, you think a rapist should be let back out on the streets to rape again? They all should be repeatedly raped while in prison.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Thats good. If they are guilty I want them off the streets. Regardless, I hope they get a fair and speedy trial.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

OK yeah so? Whats keeping him in the states?

• 1 decade ago

i think whats keeping him in the states is that he is rapist in jail...duh

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.