My dog pees everywhere?

We got our dog when she was six months old. Previously, I asked a question here as to how to house break her. My husband and I have tried everything, with the excetion of taking her to the vet to make sure nothing is wrong. We don't spank her or hit her. I looked up some info online and found out that she... show more We got our dog when she was six months old. Previously, I asked a question here as to how to house break her. My husband and I have tried everything, with the excetion of taking her to the vet to make sure nothing is wrong. We don't spank her or hit her. I looked up some info online and found out that she submissively pees. She pees when we go to put the leash on her to take her out. We live in a third-floor apartment and she is a lab mix. As per the article i read, she doesn't get in trouble when she submissively pees. It has gotten to the point where she has started peeing on our brand new furniture. We have had it for a few months but lately she will jump up on it and pee all over it. I don't know what to do. She lets us know when she has to go out and we take her out but she will pee on our furniture and then hide from us because she knows she has done something wrong. Please help. I love her and I don't want to get rid of her, but this can't go on. She is 9 months old
Update: Thanks so far for the answers. We have tried crate training and she pees and poos all over her crate. It doesn't matter how long we wait before taking her out. She can go out an hour before she makes a mess or 15 minutes. She doesn't get in trouble for little accidents. We have not been giving her as... show more Thanks so far for the answers. We have tried crate training and she pees and poos all over her crate. It doesn't matter how long we wait before taking her out. She can go out an hour before she makes a mess or 15 minutes. She doesn't get in trouble for little accidents. We have not been giving her as much water. Its very limited. Not to the point of abuse, but to the point that she gets water when she eats or when she is thirsty. It doesn't matter. It seems that she will go apprx. 2 to 3 weeks with being really good and she won't pee or poo anywhere. But then she just goes all out and makes a huge mess. Nothing changes in that time period. We don't do anything different or out of the norm.
Update 2: By the way, she was spayed before we got her.
Update 3: Also, I'm sorry but I will never under any circumstance, rub my dogs nose in their pee. That is just cruel. Maybe some dogs buy that, but I don't.