kitty asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 decade ago

Can Bears Hear?

My boyfriend says he doesn't think they can; I think that's ridiculous. If you have some sort of scientific proof you can cite that would be great.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your boyfriend is a maroon. While a bear's hearing isn't anything like as good as a dog's it is still at least as good as our own.

"Brown bears have an excellent sense of smell, good hearing, and are extremely powerful. They are naturally curious, and caution should be taken when in their presence. Visitors planning to hike, birdwatch, or travel across country should get information on traveling though bear country before starting."

• Pat C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well send your boyfriend out in the woods where bears are known to inhabit. Tell him to make allot of noise and disturb them (especially a mother bear ) I guess he'll find out if bears can hear or not!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Quite easily . have you boyfriend stand down wind and snap a stick near a bear . hope he can run or climb very fast and far. as bears do have good hearing and sense of smell. just bad eyesight compared to other animals

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Would your boyfriend happen to be a bear? If so, he's probably just making an excuse for not listening to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Of course, just ask your boyfriend if bears have ears or not.

• 1 decade ago

Your boyfriend's an idiot. Bears have external ears, they attack when they hear people approaching them, of course they can hear.

• 1 decade ago

They have excellent sense of hearing and smell.

• 1 decade ago

Sorry I couldn't hear you. Did you say something? Hellooooo

• 1 decade ago

Your boyfriend is thick as a brick. Dump him.

• 1 decade ago

one way to get rid of bears is by using a blow horn... if they coudnt hear why are they frightend by sound?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.