How can I delete everything I have ever typed into Google?

Just want to delete all, so that for an example,if I type the first two letters PO...I don't want the word politics popping up....Thank you all....

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How do I delete the drop-down list of my past searches?

You can clear your Google search history from the Google search box, the Google Toolbar, or your browser. We've included instructions for all three methods below.

CLEARING YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH BOX HISTORY

The search history that displays in the search box on the Google homepage is stored by your browser, not by Google. Instructions appear below for disabling this search history in common browsers. If your browser isn't listed, we suggest consulting its online support center.

Microsoft Internet Explorer

1. Go to the "Tools" menu.

2. Select "Internet Options" and the "Content" tab.

3. Within the "Personal information" area, select "AutoComplete."

4. Click on "Clear Forms." You can also un-check the "Forms" box in this window to keep this information from being stored in the future.

5. Click "OK" to exit.

Alternatively, you can delete individual entries from your search history by using the Down arrow key to highlight a previous search, then pressing the Delete key once.

MSN

If you're using the Microsoft Network (MSN), changes made in Internet Explorer (IE) will take effect in your MSN browser. After making changes in IE, you'll need to sign out of and back into MSN for the changes to take effect.

Mozilla Firefox

2. Select "Options" > "Privacy" > "Saved Form Information."

3. Click "Clear" and un-check the box.

4. Click "OK" to exit.

Safari

1. Go to the "Safari" menu and select "Preferences."

2. From the menus that pop up, select "Autofill."

3. Go to "Other forms" line and select the "Edit" button.

4. From the list of sites for which AutoFill is currently being applied, select "Google.com" > "Remove" > "Done."

CLEARING YOUR GOOGLE TOOLBAR HISTORY

To clear your search history from the drop-down text box on the Google Toolbar:

1. Click on the Google logo on the Toolbar to access the drop-down menu.

2. Select the "Clear Search History" option.

If you'd like to completely disable your Toolbar's search history, please click the "Options" button on your Toolbar and un-check the box next to "Drop-down search history."

If you have Google Toolbar 4.0 installed, you can clear your Toolbar's search history by starting to enter a search term in your Toolbar's search box. When your drop-down search history appears, simply click the "Clear History" link.

Please note that this only clears the search history from the Google Toolbar, which is entirely separate from the search history stored by your browser.

If you've followed these steps and information still appears in your Toolbar search box as you type, please visit http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer... for additional assistance.

CLEARING YOUR BROWSER HISTORY

Like your Google search box history, the search history that displays in the address bar on the Google homepage is stored by your browser, not by Google. Instructions appear below for clearing and/or disabling your search history in common browsers. If your browser isn't listed, we suggest consulting its online support center.

Microsoft Internet Explorer

2. Select "Internet Options" and the "General" tab.

3. Click the "Clear History" button. To completely disable the history function, set "Days to keep pages in history" to zero ("0").

4. Click "OK" to exit.

MSN

If you're using the Microsoft Network (MSN), changes made in Internet Explorer (IE) will take effect in your MSN browser. After making changes in IE, you'll need to sign out of and back into MSN for the changes to take effect.

Mozilla Firefox

2. Select "Options" > "Privacy" > "History."

3. Click on "Clear." To completely disable the history function, set "Remember visited pages for the last X days" to zero ("0").

4. Click "OK" to exit.

Safari

1. Click "History" on the top menu.

2. Click "Clear History" at the bottom of the menu.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Erase Everything On Google

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How can I delete everything I have ever typed into Google?

Just want to delete all, so that for an example,if I type the first two letters PO...I don't want the word politics popping up....Thank you all....

Source(s): delete typed google: https://tinyurl.im/VISG1
  • 1 decade ago

ok as soon a google comes up you know were you ttpe in what you are looking for. click on it then press the down button on your keybored. then everything you everytyped will show up. there is a delete buton on your keybored just press that and it will delete it. you could also go to tools at the top of the internet page and go to internet options and do clear history. hope that helps

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Holla
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You should be able to click on Tools and go to Internet Options of your browser window and delete out all your temporary internet files by clicking delete files.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Not sure if you're talking about your address bar (in the gray at the top of the page) or a search box on the actual web page. If it's the 'search' box on the Yahoo web page AND if you're using IE: Click on 'Tools' at the top of your page. Scroll down and click on 'Internet Options'. Once the small box pops up, click on the tab labeled 'Content'. On the lower half of the box, in the area labeled Personal Information, click on the button labeled 'Auto-Complete'. A new small box opens up. Click on 'Clear Forms'. Another smaller box will open up. Click on 'OK'. If you want to keep the box from saving all of your previous searches in the future, un-check the box labeled 'Forms' under AutoComplete settings. (This will still be up after you hit 'OK' to clear the forms.) If you want to not have web page addys saved, then un-check the box labeled 'Web Addresses'. It's easier than it sounds :)

• 1 decade ago

open ur internet explorer tools menu , then go to internet options ,then content ,then autocomplete then first clear boxes and then hit clear passwords and clear forms

for other things clear ur history ,make its time to keep files to 0 ,and delet cookies and all files there too

good luck

• 1 decade ago

go to settings and shut it off and go to history and delete everything

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

click the bar in the goole search bar just click it and everything u ever typed should come up and just push the delete button NOT the "backspace" button and not the "del" hope that works for u :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go into tools in the internet explorer...then internet options...undter content tab...click on auto complete and change the settings..

• 1 decade ago

erase ur temp internet files

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.