Can anyone offer advice in duplicating the birthday scene in the movie Patch Adams (room full of balloons)?

It was a surprise in which she opens the door to find the room full of balloons. I'm just trying to figure out how I can do it at a hotel room/if it's feasible. I know someone's had to try it and would LOVE advice on what they did or what to do (or even not to do).

Favorite Answer

Ok...

step 1: Get lots of balloons

step 2: spread it around the room till it's like your swimming in it

step 3: when your done, pop all of it and throw it out the window.

I dunno...

All you have to do is ask about the SQ footage of the room and then find the approximate height (floor to Ceiling). Next head to your local party store give them the info and they will let you total cost. If you lucky or haggle with them a bit you might even get a free delivery out of it.

P.S. The balloons need to be helium and let some one else fill them up.

Actually I did this for my daughter's birthday once.

Most Walmart stores and Tragets sell helium for ballons at around 20 dollars a canister. Just purchase and have at it.

If you happen to have a helium suuplier (larger tanks seen in carnivals, floral stores etc. Purchase the large tank one will fill 500 ballons approx.

We tied many to strings and weighted them or tied them to furniture- ballons weights are a dollar at most stores and you can tie up to 20 to each one.

Make sure you fill some with normal air to cover the floor for an added drama effect of a room full of ballons.