Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who decides who has nuclear weapons?

The United Nations? The United States?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tricky question... because if you have enough power, you can ignore the world and have them.

The question would be who decides who gets punished for making nuclear weapons. That answer would be the UN BUT the UN is controlled by the 5 permanent members, all of which have veto power and one of which is the USA.

I will explain a bit:

Some of this decision has to do with members of the N-NPT, nuclear nonproliferation treaty; but, I think most of it has to do with the double standard that seems to apply to non-USA allies.

Basically, the UN was created by China, Russia, UK, USA and France because all were the winners of WW2. They believe this gives them the right to dictate to the rest of the world who will or will not have nuclear capability in all aspects.. energy or weaponry.

There is also the fact that the USA is the only current superpower and the cold war has ended. I have been stating since 2001 when Bush resigned from the Anti-ballistic Missile Treaty (that's long range nukes) that we were on the verge of another cold war or even WW3.

I mean think about it... the USA cancels the anti-ballistic missile treaty then invades Iraq without UN approval after stating Iraq was on it's axis of evil. If you were one of the countries on it's axis of evil (Iran and N.Korea) wouldn't you be concerned and want to make nuclear weapons.... I sure would.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The United Nations = the United States + 4 potential roadblocks.

The U.S. made the United Nations, so once the U.N. started not doing what the U.S. wanted, the U.S. started to disregard it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The United Nations? Hyuck, Hyuck, and a lot of lol's. The country with the most and biggest nukes in their arsenal gets to decide!

• 1 decade ago

United States

The guys with the bigger guns always decide its simple. And the United Nations dont make me laugh.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

All major world events are covertly controlled by the elite, ruling, clandestine Illuminati, the royal blooded Satanists who effectively run this world. They are seeking to start a nuclear world war 3, reduce human population by at least 2/3, and establish a new world order fascist police state dictatorship, led by the Antichrist.

Source(s): davidicke.com, rense.com, infowars.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Every one already knows who has nuclear weapons, who is working on them now, and who would like to have them. No one has to decide. The UN can't even decide on what color suit to wear to the next meeting.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the United Nations,,,, although George W thinks there irrelevant, because, he wants to rule the world,, just like Hitler did during WW11,,,, Bush sees himself as an FDR,,, but he is no Roosevelt,, Bush conducts himself more like a Fascist,,,,,,

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The decider!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is neddie that stupid or she just can't get laid. It is up to the UN

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who has the largest MUSHROOM CLOUD ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.