Will you Golf Fans PLEASE quit insulting Roger Federer by comparing him to Tiger Woods?

No athlete on the planet has been as dominant in his (or her) sport over the past 3 years as Roger Federer. Let's quit with the Tiger Woods analogy already. Tiger is the greatest golfer ever, but he doesn't dominate like Federer does.

Favorite Answer

Federer is simply Ivan Drago from Rocky IV - he beats anybody like a machine. Had he not lost to Andy Murray - his last lost would have been to Nadal at the French Open final. I already have him penned in to win the 2007 Australian Open on the hard courts.

Tiger Woods is dominant but he is no machine.

You are merely not understanding golf. Tiger versus the field is alot harder than Federer versus, well, his field. You apprently don't watch Pardon the Interuption. There was a comparison of the two that went deeper than just there repective trades. No disrepect to Federer, but the only thing he had going for him was the fact the he can grocery shop in his own town and not get mobbed. Wilbon said if I was the best in the world at my sport I would want to be known.

It is comparing apples to tangerines..not even oranges! but still don't be retarded...Federer plays a one on one sport...he has total control of his own destiny..Tiger could fall victim to one guy playing incredible..or having just one bad hole that could be his demise..if Roger hits one bad shot..it doesn't effect the other sets or following matches..it is easier for a person to dominate Tennis than in golf...Tiger plays the entire field..Roger plays one at a time and only has to beat only a handful of people

I agree with you 100 % I was really surprised to see that question I mean Federe was chosen the sport man of the year many times so how come some ppl still think that someone better than him !

That's only true because Tiger actually has a semblance of competition. Who is the tennis version of Mickelson, Singh, Els, Goosen, Furyk, et al?

You're right, there really is no comparison. Until Federer is facing the kind of competition that Tiger does, please don't compare him to Tiger.

Oh my good Lord, what the hell planet are you from? Have you ever even seen a golf tournament?

you are right tiger dominates way more than federer. tiger woods is better than federere at his sport. tiger puts in more time practicing and that is why he has better career numbers than federer.

Why should we when Roger himself is doing the comparison. :)