First Hand Experience ONLY! Borax and Ants, does it work as a poison.?

Not BORIC ACID, Borax as in 20 Mule Team Borax. I have read so much about this and it I cannot seem to find an expert that can give a definitive answer, plus the receipe for the bait/posin. I made a concoction today with some shredded pot roast and gravy with 1 1/2 tablespoons of 20 Mule Team Borax. Made... show more Not BORIC ACID, Borax as in 20 Mule Team Borax. I have read so much about this and it I cannot seem to find an expert that can give a definitive answer, plus the receipe for the bait/posin.

I made a concoction today with some shredded pot roast and gravy with 1 1/2 tablespoons of 20 Mule Team Borax. Made about 2 swedish meatballs with it. The ants are going bonkers eating it, yet it has been about 4 hours and not one dead ant in sight. I am wondering if I am just giving the ants a feast and they will triple their colony size! OH NO!

FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE ONLY PLEASE!
Update: Becciry, Thanks for the first hand knowledge. I am wondeing if the ants ever took your bait? At first I put the borax in sugar and the ants ignored it. When I mixed it with pot roast and gravy they literally came out of the woodwork for a feast. So did they eat your bait? I am desparate for a non-toxic... show more Becciry, Thanks for the first hand knowledge. I am wondeing if the ants ever took your bait? At first I put the borax in sugar and the ants ignored it. When I mixed it with pot roast and gravy they literally came out of the woodwork for a feast.

So did they eat your bait? I am desparate for a non-toxic solution here!
Update 2: THEY ARE GONE! WOO HOO! Well now I can join the list of those with first hand knowledge! 20 MULE TEAM BORAX works like a charm. Not totally non-toxic, but I do not mind using laundry detergent in the house. It only took about 24 hours for all the ants to be gone. 3 days later we are hard pressed to find... show more THEY ARE GONE! WOO HOO!

Well now I can join the list of those with first hand knowledge! 20 MULE TEAM BORAX works like a charm. Not totally non-toxic, but I do not mind using laundry detergent in the house.

It only took about 24 hours for all the ants to be gone. 3 days later we are hard pressed to find an ant anywhere in the house. I was afraid we just fed them so much they were hanging out in their nest enjoying the good food, but I feel confident they won't be bothering us any more.

The big key was finding the right bait. Our ants loved meat and totally ignored the sugar, so if you are having problems get to know what they are hungry for.