i'm on wellburtin & zoloft&trazadone ,does zoloft work?

i started on wellbutrin and it was doing good and then it just didn't work anymore,i take trazadone for imsomnia,and now my doctor has prescribe 50mg of zoloft and 150mg of wellbutrin,does anyone take this combo and does it work?

Favorite Answer

That's alot of medicine, but zoloft or wellbutrin alone in the correct dose should work for anxiety or depression. My daughter took trazadone for the insomnia, and it knocked her out like a light! Maybe your doctor is trying to wean you from the wellbutrin onto the zoloft.

Zoloft works for some people- not for everyone.

I was on Zoloft for three weeks and I stopped because I had every single side effect EVERYDAY. Welbutrin I heard is supposed to be good for quitting smoking and anxiety. I have never had the pleasure of taking both at the same time.

Ask your doctor for Celexa or Effexor, that might be better.

Source(s): Been on enough to know (except Wellbutrin)

Don't ever take the sleeping pills route!!

1. They will damage your liver big time and you can get into serious health problems.

2. You will get hooked up on them and you won't be able to have a normal life any more if you don't take your pills everyday.

The sleeping pills industry is damaging our health by capitalizing on our ignorance, and by distracting people from effective and natural ways to deal with this problem. I had been taking prescription sleep medications [Ambien] for over 5 years. It stopped working and I simply took more. Still did not work. Nights were very difficult - medication put me to sleep but I would wake up after 2–3 hours with a strong sympathetic response (fast pulse, pounding heartbeat, wide awake alert). It was a very difficult cycle to break. I was really in bad shape due to lack of sleep.

After years of struggling I was able to cure my insomnia naturally and pretty fast. I followed the Sleep Tracks sleep optimization program, here is their official web -site if you want to take a look: http://www.insomniacure.net

Ohhh..and Good Luck!

Zoloft has been linked to suicide, homocide, hearing impairment and other nasties. Definitely talk to your doctor about interractions b/w the drugs you are taking and ask specifically about the side effects of these drugs and other options you may have. I have a good friend who was taking Zoloft and had a bad experience with it. I hope you have a better experience. I love you.

Lots of drugs, pretty high doses, I think, but I'm no doc. At this point am down to one 10 mg. Lexapro at night; may need only 5 mg. If you are young you can get away with more, but if you drive or operate machinery be very careful. Have your Dr check the drug level in your system. The best way to judge this is: do all those drugs seem to improve your condition? What about counseling? Its helped me more than anything. Just a suggestion. Don't dump your drugs but please be careful and get PROFESSIONAL advice.

That's a lot of medication! Are you comfortable with your doctor's prescriptions? I'm only on one medication myself, celexa - and hopefully for no more than 6 months from now. I would say also try natural solutions with the medication. The medicine only does so much, we have to work on our end too. Kind of meet half way for the best results.

Good luck!

Have you talked to your doctor about interactions with the medications? I take Zoloft for Anxiety and it works well for me

I've only tried Zoloft for a little while...and yes it worked. It may make you gain some weight though...if you aren't careful about it.

i took zoloft and welbutrin together a couple years ago and they worked for a while. then i was on effexor, then a couple others, now on lexapro. good luck

for many people it works great. if you find it does not, talk to your doctor about effexor xr and if it might be right for your situation. it has helped me a lot.