smitty
smitty asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

ESPN had the Dempsey-Firpo ranked #1 over Ali- Frazier 3. What's up with foolishness?

Favorite Answer

Wow you got to be kidding although I know you aren't. Although that was the classic fight when Dempsey got knocked through the ropes and came back to knock out Firpo, it really does not even compare to the Thrilla in Manilla between two great fighters that didn't let up on each other the entire fight. Smitty I have no idea what ESPN is thinking, but they got this one wrong as Ali vs Frazier 3 is one of the greatest fights of all time!

Apart from Balboa and Creed 2, Ali v Frasier 3 is the greatest fight in terms of the amount of punishment both men took both phyiscally and mentally. Always controversy with regard to Futch pulling Frasier out, as he was the fresher physically! Oh the unanswered questions! ESPN got this one way wrong! Would you know who was panel? email me.

maybe for getting up after you get knocked through the ropes, some kind of we can't believe they got up & won the fight ranking is the only list I could put that fight on.

I'm not surprised, it's not the only time they've been wrong. Now I'm curious to see their rankings.