Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

How do you cook alligator meat?

I have alligator meat and i want to know how to cook it compared to other different meats like chicken, pork, and beef. If you do know how, then can you give me different recipes like gumbo, grilled, baked, or any other kind of cooking alligator

1

Source(s): Perfect Paleo Recipe Guide : http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?lkyA

Blackened Alligator Recipe

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do you cook alligator meat?

Source(s): cook alligator meat: https://tr.im/oHM57

ALLIGATOR STEW

Ingredients:

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 quart cut up alligator meat

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup chopped bell pepper

1/2 cup chopped celery

2 tablespoons minced parsley

1 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chilies

salt and pepper

1 cup cooked rice

Chef: Noah Ciaccio, De Soto

Serves: 6

Put vegetable oil and alligator meat in heavy 4 quart cooking pot. Add chopped vegetables, parsley and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover pot and cook over medium heat for one hour. Serve over hot cooked rice. Preparation time: 1 hour, 15 minutes.

Source(s): :)

Incidentally, the best meat is from the tail so I hope you have some meat from that part. Assuming you have tail meat, cut it into steaks and cook it like you would a fine beef steak.

If not, assuming the meat is from the other parts of the critter that get more exercise and are therefore, tougher and more sinewy, cut the meat into chunks or 2" cubes and cook it in a stew.

Steve Irwin would be proud of you!

Make Over 200 Juicy, Mouth-Watering Paleo Recipes You've NEVER Seen or Tasted Before?

Google chinese chicken stir fry recipes and replace chicken with alligator meat.

• COACH

I have only had it once and it was battered with seasonings and deep fried. It was very tasty and similar to pork but it was very chewy. I am sure the other ways shown in here will work too..

There is a resteraunt in St Louis Union station, Key West Cafe', that cooks it, I think they fry it. ??? Here's their number you can call them.....

314-241-2566