promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Jimmer asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

Tiger Woods,Roger Federer,Michael Schumacher,3 of the greatest sportsmen ever,all playing in this era,who best

who is the best?Can you compare them?Are there any others?Will we see the likes of them again?We are very lucky to have all these sportsmen playing at the top of their game at the same time,All masters of their sport.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I feel that Tiger Woods is the greatest of the three. Barring an unforseen disaster, he will finish his career as the greatest to ever play the game of golf. He is a virtual lock to surpass Nicklaus's record for most major championships in a career and when at the top of his game, he is as unbeatable as just about any athlete since Edwin Moses. But what sets him apart the most from the other two is that he has an appeal that transcends his sport. The proof of this statement is the fact that he earns far, far more from endorsements than he does at his sport. I don't believe that any other athlete in any sport even comes close to him in this regard.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

“The best” is subjective. Guys like Gary Player, Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus is considered by purists to be better golfers than woods, for the simple reason in their era there were no such things as appearance fees, professional equipment, instant communications, fees, etc. The obstacles were a lot harder to overcome back then. Gary Player had to pay his own way from South Africa to play in his first US golf game while still holding a regular day job, an unheard of thing today. (Ironically enough, Gary Player to this day holds the record for the most professional wins – 166) Similar in Formula One – Juan Manuel Fangio was by far a greater driver than Schumi. Schumi had more wins, and more championships, true, but again, he had a it a lot easier. And in tennis – We need not go far back to Ivan Lendl, Boris Becker, Bjorn Borg, all who could probably whip Federer blindfolded if there was a way to turn back the clock on those guys 20 years.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hard to compare, Federer has the toughest of the 3.

Golf is still about an individual against the course. Competitors are secondary. Tiger has programmed himself to wipe out the toughest course. In the PGA, with so many trees, it took 3 rounds for him to get a bogey!.

F1 depends alot on the car you have, Ferrari had things their way for so long until Renault got their act together, but Schumi is one fantastic driver.

Tennis is a competition. You have to beat the best your opponent can throw at you but Federer has managed to beat almost everyone except the slow clay of Roland Garros.

In that sense, Federer had the toughest of the 3, so I would have to rank him higher than the other 2. But comparison is really hard between these 3 sports.

• 1 decade ago

Grand Prix drivers are reliant on there cars to much for me. Schui is still the best driver since Senna mind you. Woods or Federer then it is a tough choice. Probably woods just gets my vote though he has been the top golfer in the world for a lot longer than Federer has dominated tennis it is a real close call though. If federer does the 4 slams in 1 calender year before woods then I would change my opinion though. We will have to wait and see.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Roger Federer.

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Michael Schumacher is the Best.

• 1 decade ago

I would have to go with Tiger Woods

• 1 decade ago

i have to say its roger, i just saw him destroy andy roddick at the us open, plus tiger is really playing himself and the coarse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.