MiMi asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Unsolicited request to chat........?

Has anyone arbitrarily received a request to chat from someone they didn't know? How did you respond? Why? Didn't mind chatting with this lady who says she's 34 but her "dialog" is very inmature. Can't find anymore info on her. Any Suggestions?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • JenV
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I either ignore completely, or, depending on my mood and whether or not I feel like chatting with someone, might try to strike up a conversation, because you never know, you might find someone enjoyable who could turn out to be a friend. If it is completely random (and not an advertisement, etc.), then usually the person has found your information online and maybe has a common interest.

If you enjoy chatting, continue, if not, politely ignore.

• 1 decade ago

Usually those advertisements are sex advertisments and most likely from a different country and didn't speak very good english. I always ignore and delete them because frankly I do not have the time to deal with stuff like that.

• 1 decade ago

I just close out the window. If they persist, I generally tell them to f* off and leave me alone. I don't think of people (who I don't know) online as actual people. They are web-wraiths, fiber optic phantoms and I just treat them like the cashier who asks me about my day. Unless they get nasty. Then the f-bomb drops (see above).

• 1 decade ago

i usually dont answer those im's at all. i just close the box and hope they go away, unless they have a really good convo starter, then i may chat if im not busy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I never answer and just block any more IM's from them. Not too hard.

• 1 decade ago

Just ignore it

• 1 decade ago

My suggestion is you see if you can hold your head underwater until you pass out.

• 1 decade ago

i ignore them normally, and those that are persistant get blocked

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah I told her to talk to her parents...ignore them when theyre strangers...and you can report them too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.