promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

when did richard 111 die?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Richard III, the eleventh child of Richard, Duke of York, and Cecily Neville, was born in 1452. He was created third Duke of Gloucester at the coronation of his brother, Edward IV. Richard of Gloucester was crowned Richard III on July 6, 1483.

Four months into his reign he crushed a rebellion led by his former assistant Henry Stafford, Duke of Buckingham, who sought the installation of Henry Tudor , a diluted Lancaster, to the throne. The rebellion was crushed, but Tudor gathered troops and attacked Richard's forces on August 22, 1485, at the battle of Bosworth Field. The last major battle of the Wars of the Roses, Bosworth Field became the death place of Richard III.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're talking about Richard the Third...like from the shakespeare play....I remember in the play he dies after a decent sword fight on the battle field at Bosworth on August 21st 1485. (I was in the play, ao I should know)

He was the last English king to die in battle. As the play is follows the history fairly close.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.