Ashley asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Most annoying things about people on here are???

I say the ones who don't use spell check & you can't understand the question because you "cane't raed it wen it lok lk ths", The ones who only have bad things to say & never offer any positive advice. People who only ask questions about why everyone is racist against them or all the questions are on the same subject and they never change. The ones who brag about beating women up. I think it is okay to have a little fun sometimes but i think some people carry it a little to far..

So the question:

What annoys you the most about users on this websight?

Websight can be spelled both ways so it isn't wrong but thanks for the info..

When i was saying people that don't use spell check i made an example of the way they type that annoys me. I don't use spell check myself & i'm sure i have several mistakes i'm still a teenager & have alot to learn but i think people get the idea of what i'm saying.

example="I dno't tpy lyk ths becos is harg ti understant"

Favorite Answer

Oh, I was SO waiting for this question!

It really annoys me when questions are posed like this: "Why [questionable or untrue statement goes here] is this true? Examples: "Why all women are stupid?" " Why all Muslims are religious fanatics?" "Why all dancers are gay?"

Another one that annoys me is questions starting out impolite "So don't tell me.... blah blah... but I need to know..... So I'm asking you all again.... Now, give me good answers or else." Instead of just reformulating the question and giving proper references to the information he/she already has on the subject.

And yeah, I used to be annoyed at answers for points. Now I simply report all the "idk" and "thanks for 2 points" stuff.

I feel better, thank you for asking.

All the things you mentioned also annoy me, and when people just post an "answer" for points. Like they think in the scheme of life those points will actually mean anything.

And some people obviously don't do a search to see if their question has been asked before, so there ends up being a lot of people asking the same question.

Also, I hate questions that go along the lines of "Is my avatar hot?"

And prejudice people.

i agree with everything you said. This isn't a bigger annoyance than yours, just one more to add to the list:

People who ask a question that has been asked here 500 times or more - already. Such as "Why is the sky blue?"

Apparently, many people haven't noticed that one can FIND the answers to common questions, by using the Search For Questions field, right under the big ASK.

I am annoyed at people who ask questions just to start a ruckus, and somewhat annoyed at questions that i think are made up - again, just to get a response.

the most annoying thing that i feel is that people sometimes just answer for points..i mean there is no where a sound piece of advice or solution to the question and thats really annoying.

also people try and impose their sick thoughts and use filthy and rubbish language on serious topics of religion ets.i really hate to read that sort of stuff.

• ne11

People who don't ask a question. People who can't compose a proper sentence, and those who don't use spell check. People who have no morals and think that their actions are funny or cool.

The people that call others racist.

The term racist HAD powerful meaning. Now its just thrown around because people are lazy.

i'm annoyed by people nitpicking about other people's spelling, especially those who don't spell properly themselves. i also get very annoyed when people criticise people for their grammar when it's obvious english is not their first language. i absolutely hate vulgar questions and anything tasteless about harming babies, old people and pets. i get annoyed by racist questions, questions that aren't really questions but are about touchy topics like politics and religion (like cut and paste sagas), and any questions begging for money. i get really irritated by people who report askers for chatting just because they say good night or ask how everyone's day was. i'm really rather disturbed by whomever is giving me thumbs down for my quite neutral answers to some questions. i don't mind if i say something that warrants thumbs down (and sometimes i do) but i had a streak of answers that were all thumbs down even when it didn't make any sense to rate them one way or another. i could go on and on, but i think i've said enough for now.

you seem a little touchy about the website/websight criticism. this is precisely what i was referring to at the beginning of my list. i just looked up *websight* in the dictionary and no matches were found. there are, however, some websites listed when searching for *websight* using various search engines. i guess i need to add to my list people who get defensive if someone points out their own errors after they criticise others.

what annoys me the most about the users here is that- they give absurd answers to my questions, not even close to what i have asked... and also, very very few people give serious answers...

and... so many people keep asking questions, but replies to my questions so far have been too little... questions on dating and sex have ample answers, rest of the topics are ignored...

well I know I'm about to peeve'm again, but its those who come on an 'open forum' and spend their time trying to squish it down into their own little box. Hey ya'll!

• Heista

I agree with you and to add to your list are repetitive questions, useless questions, questions you can easily get info on google, questions asked purely for sexual titillation.