Hi~all....I just wanna request a question about oil treatment.?

I owned a used 1997 Mercedes E320 with high mileage. Recently, I heard that it could be much more efficiency in oil-consumption to add oil treatment into gas tank. If it is true, can anyone give me a good suggestion about the oil treatment brand? Thank you very much!

I tend to try oil treatment for my car. However, will it hurt my engine if oil treatment is not work well? Besides, can STP oil treatment compatible with any model? (my car is 6-valve model)

Favorite Answer

it will work but i wouldnt recommend it you should use some stuff called marvel mystery oil it is for gas and they also have some for the oil you want for gas it is a very good product and will help with the fuel consumption oil treatment will make it smoke so you shouldnt use it

Source(s): certified mechanic 27 years shop owner 24 years professional engine builder build race cars and monster trucks

There is no such thing as a miricle in a can. Just make sure the engine is finely tuned clean air filter and the tires are air up to the proper inflation that is the best way to maximize your fuel consumption and reduce any oil consumption. Check the air filter first and then the crankcase ventilation system.

I always get the STP Oil Treatment it works good

That is a hype, try avoiding that. Gas treatment is good atleast every season.