Sex to induce labor.....? Does it work?

I am far enough along, I'm over 38 weeks and 2 cm dialated as of thursday. And have been having on and off contractions. I just want to know if anyone has had sex to induce labor and how it happened, like how long after sex did contractions start or water break or what happened? Please Help! No ignorant answers please. Any help is GREATLY Appreciated!

Favorite Answer

The sperm chemical which is very similar to prime of evening rose induces labour, because the chemical softens the cervix.... if you are 2 cm dialated already i would start usign your breast pump if you have one adn start using it. You can freeze the millk, but that's what I did to speed things up... the contracts started about 5 minutes into to it and they were good strong contractions...

Sex works, but its a delayed reaction so if you are 2 cm now it won't work unitl a few days aferwards,, unless you can guarantee that your orgasm can last for more thatn 30 seconds..... If your watrer broke.... DO NOT HAVE SEX, you risk giving the baby an infection...

good luck... oh yeah

walk walk walk

• armiso

Sex To Induce Labor

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Sex to induce labor.....? Does it work?

I am far enough along, I'm over 38 weeks and 2 cm dialated as of thursday. And have been having on and off contractions. I just want to know if anyone has had sex to induce labor and how it happened, like how long after sex did contractions start or water break or what happened? Please Help! No...

Source(s): sex induce labor work: https://tinyurl.im/S5Ekt

Yes it can work, if you are ready to go into labour. Sperm contains prostaglandins which can help to soften the cervix and get things moving in the right direction. Until you are past 40 weeks there is no need to try and induce labour...I know you are sick and tired of being pregnant, that is mother nature's way of making sure labour looks like a good option :)

My advice to you is enjoy these last few days (weeks) of pregnancy as best you can, and if you still have not had a baby at 40 weeks, start thinking about what may start things going.

Happy Birthing!

It can work. I did it to induce labor with my daughter. A couple of things to remember though: semen really is the key, as well as orgasm. Orgasm is a uterine contraction, and late in pregnancy, this can be enough to push you over the edge into labor. You need the sperm, though, beause it contains the hormone prostaglandin that is a componenet to softening the cervix. Also, if you are that early in pregnancy, you want to make sure your baby is in the right position, sometimes the baby's head and neck don't align right or get into the pelvis until right before labor, and a malpositioned baby can stall your labor and lead to cesarean.

Source(s): www.spinningbabies.com

We were told by an OB and a labor & delivery nurse that sex could work to induce labor, but both parties have to reach orgasm and to give it the best chance of working there has to be three seperate encounters over the course of 24 hours.

Once we hit about 38 weeks, we tried, but we were both too darn tired to go three times in one day!

Good luck, though!

I just tried using sex to bring on labor about 3.5hrs ago b4 my hubby left for work and have been having minor cramps since then. my friend tried walking and within an hour went into labor yesterday and delivered earlier today. So I would say try walking first

I know at that point sex was the last thing on my mind. It was very uncomfortable for me. But doctors do say that it is good for the vaginal muscles and will make delivery easier for you. But if all you are trying to do is bring on labor, go for a walk or do some house cleaning. Exercise alone will bring on labor, just don't make it too strenuous.

Sex does work in order to induce labor. It is because of the exercise and the movement.most women have the tendency to become a little lazy at the end of the pregnancy, of course depending how big they are.But the movement and the exercise is good for it and it will keep you open and elastic as well. Believe it or not, but it helps a little for the Baby to be born quicker.

• ee

I just read in a magazine that it was proven that it did not work. Sorry. I do know of a women, 39weeks, who went into labor 30 hours after sex, who knows if it helped. (She was trying to go into labor.