how do we know, what is our purpose in life?

do all of us realize why and for what reason we are on this earth?

Favorite Answer

hardly ever ... much time is wasted pondering that ... do what you enjoy and follow your dreams, those who do look back and realize that was their purpose ... the future is always uncertain because everything you do is a choice ... to do or refrain from doing some action ... no matter how simple ... salt or no salt ... hire or don't hire .... quit or don't quit ... no matter what the outcome of any decision, it will affect the next one and the future is altered ... follow your dream and you too will look back to see what your purpose turned out to be

I think that very few of us know our true purpose in life. I just finished the book "5 people you meet in heaven" and its a bit of an eye opener ... A wonderful book that pretty much lets us know that until life is over we may never know our impact on others or realize the impact others had on our lives.

Guess its just a good thing that some of us think about it instead of just letting life pass us by. There are usually sliver linings around each obstacle in our path ... learning from our misfortunes something that is very important.

Keep thinking ... and stay true to yourself!!

The purpose of life, is to lead a life of purpose and its meaning is to give life meaning. But what is meant by purpose and meaning? They simply mean the "big picture," vision, chief aim, or core values that all other goals are subordinate to. For example, our PURPOSE might be to leave the world a better place than the way we found it, or to make everyone we meet happier. Either of these purposes would be noble and achievable. How can we help create a better world or make others happier? Wouldn't you agree that one way is by refusing to steal, criticize, intimidate, gossip, or argue? Another way would be to treat others with kindness, generosity, honesty, and respect. Our goal should be not merely to be good, but to be good for something. To have value that we offer to the world. Our PURPOSE is the path we follow; it's a broad paintbrush that colors all areas of our life. When all personal goals (career, family, etc.) are aligned with our PURPOSE, we will be authentic beings with integrity.

You should read the book "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren.

It explains a lot.

Best line I've heard about life's purpose is: "My purpose in life is to help others; what the others are here for, I don't know."

There is not only one reason for all. There are many reasons. Everybody has to learn something special for himself. That´s the reason why the conditions are not equal. Your live and conditions surely different from my conditions. For example: Your englisch sounds quiet better than my - but my german is probable better than yours!? But there is a aim for all: Living in harmoniy and respect with each other beeing all around. Everywhere and everytime.

(Sorry for my bad englisch)

Source(s): My own brain

yes...

we have to live fruitful lives...

By fruit, I mean things like honesty, charity, responsibility, generosity, kindness ... all these must be cultivated in our life.

We have to learn to support ourselves and our dependants with maturity...

The best way to learn your purpose in life is to read the Bible.

It's filled with real stories of different people who listened to what God was calling for them and others who rebuked His Divine will. Similarly, you can either rebel against Him and face eternal punishment, or oblige to the purpose he has for you!

When the purpose happens in life and you're happy in life where you are.

We make our own purpose; if we just wait for it to fall into our lap, we will have served no purpose.

I think that most people never find out what their reason for life is.

I think you just have to live and then that reason will eventually

expose itself to you.