I wish to make a formal complaint about AT&T . To whom do I speak ?

My monthly Internet Services bill was $ 50.80 in July of 2006. In August of 2006 my AT&T statement reflected no charge for Internet Services. My September 2006 billing, for Internet Services only, is in the amount of $ 100.32. Uh, would someone mind telling me what is going on ? This is an absurd billing. I am on a flat rate plan with a two year contract. I should be invoiced for $ 49.95/month. If there was an error in billing during the month of August that is AT&T's problem, not mine. Where do they get off playing catch up at my expense ?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Read the bill. The billing department phone number is right there.

It sure sounds like they have not been getting the payment on time, or adding it to your account properly. If you are using an on-line payment system for this bill, something has gone wrong.

Check your AT&T phone book for a contact. You might even look to see where their nearest store is.

• jusme
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Call AT&T and ask for the person you talk to's supervisor. Then ask for theirs and so on and so on. Each will tell you they are the top supervisor. Ask them if they are the CEO when they say no tell them that they have someone else higher than them you can talk to. It took me a while but I got someone who actually had some supervisory authority and they took a formal complaint then sent me a questionaire that went straight to the corporate office to which I added my complaint on a separate piece of paper. The problem was not only fixed but I got a month free service and let me tell you with AT&T that is a big deal.

• 1 decade ago

Same thing happened to me with Verizon when changing accounts... they said don't send in another payment (which I had sent out 2 days earlier for over $60) I kept checking bill online and it showed something like -$3.75 credit...

Then, next month I got a bill in the neighborhood of $170... couldn't do anything about it... Guess my $60 went in someone's pocket, and I didn't even get a kiss before they $%^&*( me!

• 1 decade ago

get a new Internet provider, when you realized they had not billed you for the month of August you should have called and brought it to someones attention. You used the service you should pay!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your point is golden. These big corporations get away with fiscal murder and it's no accident. Write legislators and vote the bastards out who foster the laws that protect

those cheats.

Don't forget to mention those automatic 'past due' frauds which must harvest vast amounts of unfair charges.

(I feel a lot better now). Good luck and thanks for posting a really significant question.

• 1 decade ago

I have the same problem with AT&T. Every month is a different payment amount due and I am not sure why. Maybe they are having trouble with the company switch and everything or maybe that is just how they work.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I suggest you talk to a manager in billing dept. before you write a complain letter. this happend to me, I was not satisfied by the resultion offered so then I escalated the case to main office. my issue was taken care well.

SBC Internet Services

PO Box 203370

Austin, TX 78720-3370

• lee f
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

forget customer service and thier managers, go staright to the ceo. write a formal letter, make a copy. right your little heart out. address to the ceo, found on the computer. all ceo's are listed and so are the pres. and vice pres. do it, do it for everyone with this problem. mail the letter with priority, good luck...

• 6 years ago

Issue with customer service concerning rewards card promise

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i wrote a letter to their CEO, the better business bureau i got a call immediately after they received my letter, about a week later or so, and they fixed everything. and then i switched...lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.