In the movie "Kelly's Heroes", is Kelly the first or last name of Clint Eastwood's character?

I don't think they ever really specify it. If they do, can anyone tell me where in the movie it comes up?

I saw the Private Kelly credit on the IMDB site but that seems to be their own version of the credits. The movie itself just says "Kelly" by Clint Eastwood's picture in the ending credits and I don't think he is ever actually addressed as Private Kelly in the film.

The Ratnici answer is interesting but the translation of that word is "Warrior" which happens to be the Irish translation of the name Kelly. I think the movie was filmed in Yugoslavia so that might be the reason for the translation. If I google the word ratnici it comes back with other war movies, too.

Favorite Answer

Hi,

I've had the answer for some time but didn't know how to get your question back.

His full name was Ratnici Kelly (Kelly being the last name)

It's Yugoslavian: Serbian Title

I went to "ask.com" and typed the question in

Even though I have the movie on tape I haven't taken it out to see where this is discovered.

If you go to ask.com and ask your specific question, you'll get a valid answer.

Just take note of the websites, try to click one that is familiar or popular.

That's what I did

Source(s): www.ask.com

He played Private Kelly, which means "Kelly" was his last name.