Online Friendship..... Does it work?

Hi just wondering about the online-friendship? Does anyone here met someone online and become good friends, or is it even possible (because of the distance apart and can't do much together)? And what do you normally do? I am living in Sydney and if you want to try it..... drop me a line. Would love to see creative intros but then again "hi" is good enough for me. Take care.....

• l m
    Favorite Answer

i have heard of this article in Seventeen about this girl who lives in New Jersey or something like that

and she saw this guy on myspace and thought he looked cute and she talked to him and they started to talk more and more.

problem was he lived across the atlantic oceans somewhere in the middle east.....they ended up liking eachother and seeing eachother because she went across the ocean without telling her parents

now they want to get married.(weird.)

so i guess you can be friends with people online

It can work, anything is possible. I have a friend (a very good friend...) I met online and things are great so far. Every person and every situation is different though. Just don't expect too much and have a good time and things should work out just fine. ( Looks like there are lots of possibilities for you within the answers to this question. My advice would be not to try and work them all at once !! That could be confusing and hectic to say the least!! lol )

Good Luck !!

Lol...I was just going through some of my "friend's" answers ( the one I met online, here as a matter of fact ) and it seems he answered a similar question from a guy called "Dude" not too long ago. See, you really can meet someone you just "click" with over the internet, obviously he and I think alike !!

• Kitty?

It CAN work.But its just like in life...you always have to be careful who you talk to.

I met a wonderful man over 6 years ago on the internet.I lived in South Carolina and he lived in Ohio. We have been happily married now for 5 years :)

i think of that on line friendship can certainly be actual and common...the only problem is the gap...you communicate approximately issues for a on a similar time as, yet then you definately run out of subject concerns and you don't be attentive to what to talk approximately anymore, considering you have no reports mutually...thats the project!

Yes, it works. I am friends with a person across the world. I like in Texas, he live in Russia, it is very possible

My husband and I met online. He lived 4 hours away.

I've made many friends online.

• punkin

wow,sydney.it must be nice there .what's the weather like this time of year??have you been to america??I don't know how on line friendships work but keep writing in and you'll see for yourself.

Almost every one lies on-line, use discretion do not give away any personal information and never agree to meet in a secluded area..... on-line friendship can be great if you follow those rules.

It doesn't really work.First of all, do you think people do trust each other in the web. 98% are all LIES (unfortunately) and friendship starts with trust and honesty to each other, so that answers your question. People you chat with doesn't mean they're friends. They are like toys you play with at your convenience and its up to you if you want to be fooled.

It honestly works....I have a very good friend who lives in texas and I live in georgia. We are very close and we met online..its very possible.