If there was a site like Yahoo!Answers...?

If there was a site much like Yahoo!Answers, but without censorship or the "report abuse" function, would you give up Y!A and switch to it?

Favorite Answer

I agree with Gypsy Girl. I'm worried that the pedophiles will flourish in an uncensored environment. However, I think that Y/A needs to re-assess their parameters of censorship. It is one thing to censor a pervert who posts sexually explicit content about children, but Y/A is taking it too far by censoring ideas, especially those that tackle the hot topics like religion, politics, race relations, etc. This is an ideal forum to hash out controversial ideas, and the pros and cons of each idea will be presented in the answers. There really is no right or wrong, just differing opinions. I think that Y/A is taking an authoritarian stance, and deeming ideas as acceptable or unacceptable, which is akin to curbing freedom of speech. My humble opinion is that this is wrong.

I wouldn't give up Yahoo! Answers. I like the fact that they have some censorship. A site without censorship is fine as long as it is limited to adults. The reason for the censorship on Yahoo! Answers is to protect the younger users.

Probably not. Censorship is the best part of Yahoo answers, even though you still get tacky responses sometimes.

I would like for them to follow their own TOS. they are picky and choosy as to who gets a violations, and it's unclear what constitutes dismissal.

It appears to be 3rd world politics.

When you can get a BA for an answer that also gets reported AND violated, you know something is wrong.

I'd switch if I could import these hard earned points!

• Ray

No. I would stay here but still respect everyone else's choice to migrate to the uncensored forum if that's what they want.

• Bonnie

There is nothing better than YA, and there is nothing worse!

yup, in a heart-beat!

in a heart beat..

No