Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Israel Owns America!? Ariel Sharon: "We control America"?

Bold remark wouldn't you say? One which, if said in that manner by any other leader of a country or nation, would have at least sparked rage amongst Americans or even starts a war.

Source:

Google/Yahoo: COPY + PASTE, “We control America” + “Ariel Sharon”

http://americandefenseleague.com/onaleash.htm

http://www.washington-report.org/html/newsitem_s.h...

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/10/Sharon3.html

http://www.mediamonitors.net/khodr49.html

http://christianparty.net/sharon.htm

Makes you wonder doesn’t it!

Israel is constantly spying on America and her citizens. Israel uses America's might to do its dirty work. It’s high time you showed them the middle finger and showed them who’s really in control of the United States of America.

19 Answers

Relevance
  •  
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

THIS STATEMENT THE QUESTIONER MAKES IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE: (see below)

http://www.camera.org/index.asp?x_context=7&x_issu...

Syndicated Columnist Georgie Anne Geyer Uses Fabricated Sharon Quote

In a May 10, 2002 column (“Now Isn’t the Time for Bush League Moves”), nationally-syndicated columnist Georgie Anne Geyer included bogus and inflammatory allegations against Prime Minister Sharon and Israel’s supporters in America.

First, she wrote:

In fact, it [American support for Israel’s actions] led Prime Minister Sharon to tell his Cabinet recently, “I control America.”

CAMERA conducted extensive Nexis and Internet searches, and found that no mainstream news organization reported as true the fabricated quotation.

The hoax originated with an October 3, 2001 press release from the pro-Hamas group, the Islamic Association for Palestine. It said:

An acrimonious argument erupted during the Israeli cabinet weekly session last week between Ariel Sharon and his foreign Minister Shimon Peres during which Sharon reportedly yelled at Peres, saying “don’t worry about American pressure, we control America.”

Notably, in the same press release, the direct quotation “we control America” changed to “we the Jewish people control America.”

IAP wrote:

According [to] the Israeli Hebrew radio, Col [sic] Yisrael Wednesday, Peres warned Sharon that refusing to heed incessant American requests for a cease-fire with the Palestinians would endanger Israeli interests and turn the US against us. At this point, a furious Sharon reportedly turned toward Peres, saying “...I want to tell you something clear, don’t worry about American pressure on Israel, we the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it.”

According to the IAP press release, the statement was reported on Kol Yisrael. However, CAMERA’s calls to Kol Yisrael confirmed that no such broadcast occurred.

Geyer’s second problematic claim was:

Look at U.S. television: One minute, you see pro-Israeli ads saying the Arabs are all dogs...

However, here too investigation turned up no evidence that any such ad ever appeared on U.S. television.

Since the Sharon “quotation” and the “Arabs are dogs" ad are preposterous on their face, one would have expected Geyer (and editors who publish her column) to verify their accuracy before including such inflammatory statements in her column.

Geyer’s piece, which is syndicated by Universal Press Syndicate, is known to have appeared in the Chicago Tribune and the San Diego Union Tribune.

UPDATE (June 15, 2002): Geyer Expresses "Regrets"

CAMERA notified Geyer’s editors that the Sharon “quote” originated on a pro-Hamas website (the Islamic Association for Palestine), and that it had not been corroborated by any reputable media organization. CAMERA also pointed out that IAP’s alleged source, a report on Israel radio, is apparently fictional – Kol Yisrael denied to CAMERA that it had ever broadcast any such report.

When CAMERA requested substantiation from Geyer, the columnist first asserted that she was abroad and would have to check her notes when she got back home in June. After CAMERA contacted editor Bruce Dold of the Chicago Tribune (which ran the Geyer column), he replied:

Ms. Geyer does indeed cite the same sources you note [an Islamic Association for Palestine press release that claimed Kol Yisrael radio reported the Sharon statement] on the Sharon quote. If you have a statement or confirmation from Kol Yisrael, I’d like to see it. As for the second point [concerning the alleged television ads], that is not a direct quote from an ad, but Geyer’s own interpretation of the nature of the content.

Informed that the Kol Yisrael reporter assigned to cover the Israeli Cabinet [where the Sharon statement was alleged to have been made] denied Sharon had made the attributed comment, Dold responded with a different story from Geyer. She now claimed that her sources were two anonymous Israelis.

Finally, Geyer’s syndicate disseminated the following Editor’s Note which appeared on June 14 in the Chicago Tribune and Sarasota Herald Tribune and will likely be published by other papers that ran Geyer’s May 10 column.

Editor’s note: Georgie Anne Geyer’s May 10 column included a quote from Ariel Sharon, 'I control America.’ This quote was widely reported in the Palestinian press but cannot be confirmed in independent sources. Geyer and Universal Press Syndicate regret not having attributed the quote more specifically.

While the syndicate thus admitted that “This quote...cannot be confirmed in independent sources,” it failed to state unambiguously that Sharon never uttered the words and that the alleged quotation first appeared in a press release from the pro-Hamas IAP. Since IAP said that Kol Yisrael was their source and Kol Yisrael denies broadcasting any such report, there should be no question that IAP was attempting to perpetrate a hoax. The syndicate also should have written “alleged quote” whenever referring to the supposed statement by Sharon.

Furthermore, the Editor’s Note implies that the problem was one merely of mistaken attribution – that it would have been acceptable for Geyer to use the bogus quotation had she cited “Palestinian sources.” Obviously, since these sources have been proven false, the quote should not have been published at all.

Additionally, the Editor’s Note fails entirely to address the other baseless assertion in Geyer’s May 10 column, her outrageous statement: “Look at U.S. television: One minute, you see pro-Israeli ads saying the Arabs are all dogs...”

Repeated CAMERA requests for Geyer to identify the specific ad that led to her “interpretation” have gone unanswered. Clearly there is no way that her readers could have understood that she was “interpreting” rather than paraphrasing or quoting from a supposed ad. Since it is extremely unlikely that any “U.S. television” station would have broadcast any such ad, Geyer and her syndicate owe her readers another “Editor’s Note” or apology.

Copyright © 2002 by the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America. All rights reserved. This column may be reprinted without prior permission.

• Shel_TR4 years agoReport

LOL
      @Andrew Jackson's comment is a perfect example of the general problem in America whereby critical analysis, and thoughtful debate, are becoming more and more rare. Sigh...

• dupee
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Ariel Sharon Quotes

• 6 years ago

This was actually broadcasted in Israel military radio Gali Tsahal , according to Israel papers like Haaretz

• 4 years ago

I lived as an Israeli citizen until I was 26 and everyone in Israel knew that the U.S. did as it was told. Why do you think the U.S. gives Israel over three billion dollars every year plus unlimited armaments? Because of the control they have over the U.S. they can get away with genocide and practice apartheid with impunity.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Better late than never realizing who controls. America's government and media has been taken hostage by Jewish supremacists after their victory of WWII and has been that way ever since; keeping the American public ignorant of important things like race and values.

I suggest any White American to read the works of David Duke: "My awakening" and "Jewish Supremacism."

The single, most important fact to know is that Jews are not just "white people with a different religion." They WANT you to believe that and they have INDOCTRINATED you to believe that. But the TRUTH is, they are a foreign Middle-Eastern race (Semitic) that is not of European origin.

• 1 decade ago

Yes! Americans, wake up! Israel is a big threat. The US was involved in many wars to support Israel. The american tax-payer pays for it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Perhaps it is too late and only another American Revolution can depose of the regime which has kowtowed to Israel and its agents here and abroad.

• 1 decade ago

Hes crazy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They got the money, and whats that old sayin money talks and bs walks, we were warned this would happen by our fore fathers but nobody cares dirty housewives is on tv oh my.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Israel is also run by a bunch of idiots, like this country....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"I control America. That's right, me, Bill Cordova, I control the United States." Now just because I said it, does it make it true?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.