I have a VW Jetta 1993 when I press the accelerator hard it starts jerking as if it is out of fuel?

It runs fine as such but except for what I mentioned. The problem is most prominent when I change gears and try to accelerate fast, but if I take it easy it runs fine. I am thinking that it might be the spark plugs or the fuel filter as they were changed at 75000 and now it's 125000 miles. Please help me out.

Favorite Answer

if its automatic, im pretty sure it happens in alot of older cars like yours. plugs arent expensive, so you can always chnage them... but i dont think thats the problem. i think it may just be that you need a new fuel pump. you should try to get that fuel injector cleaner (that you pour into gas tank i believe) to see if its that, or just have it looked over by someone.

look at electric powered first. Pull a plug cord off and hook it into yet another plug which you carry to the block....and have somebody else attempt commencing the motor vehicle.(that's going to initiate on 3) What you're searching for for is a spark. jointly as that's being cranked over. If there is not any spark contained in the hollow, you comprehend that's the electrical powered area of the ignition change or the module contained in the distributor.. besides the indisputable fact that, in case you got blue fat sparks and the motor vehicle ain't commencing, that's something to do with gasoline gadget. have been given an in-line gasoline filter out? examine it/substitute it. remember too that gasoline injection autos do no longer initiate ok in case you have your foot on the gasoline pedal jointly as cranking. The regulator is to maintain the altenator below administration (which quotes the battery)

Could be that but My Volks Wagon started doing that when the fuel pumps went out.It got worse over time until it broke down and had to be replaced.I had a 85 Scirroco

• Azul

check the air filter might need changing coz the problems you said links to low air intake

SOunds like the TPS9throttle position sensor) is wearing out. Will need to be replaced.

fuel pump

the air filter maybe?