Sasha asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to treat anemia and polycystic ovarian syndrome?

I have pcos and anemia and have been on birth control for years. I took my doc.'s advice and have lost about 55lbs I totally cut out fast & junk food and my goal is to loose 50 more lbs. Is weight loss a cure for this disease? Are there different types of anemia?

Favorite Answer

I have PCOS too. For the anemia, my doc had me taking prenatal vitamins because there is iron in them. I don't think there is a cure for PCOS, we're just stuck with it!! :) Good job on losing the weight. I've only lost 15, but am looking to lose about 20 more.

Red Meat.

hormone treatment.

yes there many kinds of anemia...

if its an iron deficiency anemia, iron supplements would do.

Weight loss will help tremendously. My cousin had PCS and she was given insulin. Good luck.

Get your IVF-invitro fertilization treatment in India .IVF treatment ,IUI,ICSI and Laparoscopic surgery is very cheap in India.There is one company that is very famous in India that arranges all types of medical treatment andsurgery for foreigners in India.They are called the Forerunners Healthcare.I read a lot about them in the Newspapers and about their patient stories.I have also read that they arrange financing for american and canadian patients as some of the surgery including ivf treatment is not covered by insurance.

They also have photos pasted of their International patients.You can checkout their website.The cost savings are incredible.As a doctor i personally believe that your IVF treatment can be easily handled in India as the quality of healthcare available here is simply best in the world.The doctors are USA/UK trained and facilities are 5 star.I recently also read about a chinese couple facilitated by forerunners healthcare were able to get their baby by IVF and a surrogate mother.

my cousin and her husband got their IVF treatment in India through the forerunners healthcare in India and is all praise for this company.She is a known case of PCOS.She is a very happy mother of a baby boy now. She just paid 2500 pounds for the full treatment for which she was quoted 8000 pounds in private setup in UK.I strongly recommend this company to you as they can be of great help to you.hope this helps

http://www.forerunnershealthcare.com

Crank up your iron intake. (For anemia)