Can i install wood flooring over time?

I am wanting to install flooring through my entire house. I cannot afford to do this all at once. Is it possible to just do my kitchen and dining area first and then next year do my living and it still match? I believe that I have heard that if you do not get it all at the same time the colors may not match up. How... show more I am wanting to install flooring through my entire house. I cannot afford to do this all at once. Is it possible to just do my kitchen and dining area first and then next year do my living and it still match? I believe that I have heard that if you do not get it all at the same time the colors may not match up. How do you clean wood flooring? can you mop it? I live in Ohio. Is there a best time of year to install it? thanks!!!
Update: could i use pinesol on pergo floors?
Update 2: in my condo there is no wall between the dining and living area. it is a sunken (spelling?) living room though.