lizzie asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

who are some improtant people who made changes in the world to you?

• Pablo
    Favorite Answer

Aristotle, Alexander the Great, Pericles, Julius Caesar, Hadrian, Trajan, Odoacrus, Constantine the Great, Jesus Christ, Attila the Hun, Genghis Khan, Charlemagne, Suleiman the Magnificent, Richard III, Henry IV Henry VIII, Martin Luther, Louis XIV, Leonardo da Vinci, Nicholo Machiavelli, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Napoleon Bonaparte, Otto von Hindenburg, James Monroe, Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, Wilbur & Orville Wright, Nicholas Romanov, Vladimir Ilich Lenin, Josiff Stalin, Porfirio Diaz,Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Alva Edison, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Alexander Flemming, J.P. Morgan, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Jonas Salk, Theodore Roosevelt,Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Albert Einstein, Harry S. Truman, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Howard Hughes, Mikhail Gorbachev, Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, these just off the top of my head, and many more...

I think one of the most important things in modern history was Guttenberg and the printing press. (Yes, I know the Chinese had a form of printing before that, but practically speaking, it did not impact the world as much as Guttenberg's.) After that invention, knowledge and information was disseminated with blinding speed across Europe and the world.

I know the Arabics were awesome in their science and other learning. However, the fact that they resisted the printing press (on religious and spiritual grounds) hampered them and led to their decline.

Descartes' "I think, therefore I am" (however much it was misinterpreted or whatever) probably had the biggest impact on Western philosophical thought.

Ben Franklin made major contributions in science & technology, as well as political thought. His experiements and inventions (particularly the lightning rod) with electricity alone would have sealed his reputation as a great mind.

Similarly, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton, Geo Washington and many others impacted greatly on the world, touching off the Age of Revolution. The USA was the first modern republic, and the impulse spread across Europe and the world.

Let us not forget Francis Bacon, Isaac Newton, and John Locke.

Edison of course is to be honored for his many inventions, especially the light bulb.

Einstein revolutionized the way we perceive time and space.

Whoever invented refrigeration needs to be remembered. That changed EVERYTHING for people. I'll have to research that person (by research I mean "Google").

Other things which we take for granted have impacted us profoundly. The place holder in math, the period in writing, and the invention of the screw (I mean the thing you use to fasten things together, perverts...) are all major. Of course there's the wheel. I suppose the names of the inventors of these things are lost to history.

The list would be endless, but there're a few I consider important.

Love, Jack.

• spies

I believe you. some years in the past I went to a make over day and had some pictures taken, plenty human beings have been there, aside from looking good, it made me comprehend merely what fashions could wade by to look good. consistent preening, touching in, re-utilising, diffused lights, contrived posing etc. This all happens inspite of fashions looks/length. I even have defined this to my daughter from an incredibly early age and could take her presently to have the comparable therapy - so she would be in a position to ascertain first hand that there is not any way in accepted residing that she would be in a position to assume to equivalent what she sees in a mag. perchance a 'at the back of the curtain' look at this area will convince different youngsters of the comparable. by the way, I in no way purchase magazines or newspapers the two. I even have introduced my daughter as much as make her judgements in accordance along with her very own reasoning. She is greater properly balanced than i'm - all this and she or he isn't yet sixteen.

• magpie

Mother Theresa, Bono, John Lennon, Martin Luther, Jesus, Winston Churchill, George Washington, FDR, Martin Luther King, Jr. Thomas Paine ("Common Sense")Princess Diana, Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Shelby Foote, Sullivan Ballou, Daniel Morgan, (Battle of Cowpens) I could list more but don't have time

Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Ernesto "Che" Guevara, Charles Darwin, Karl Marx

Malaclypse the Younger, Stephen King, General Hannibal of Carthage, Howard the Dolphin. Whoever invented beer.

• JoJoBa

My pastor who is now deceased and some of doctors that have tread me as well as their nurses. Charity organizations and some friends not many of course. Also lots of christians organiztions as well. The first and most would be God but I forgot he is not humanistic. Hope I have been helpful.

Karol Woityla. The Pope.

.

Mother TERESA and Pope John Paul II...

martin luther king jr abraham lincoln john f kennedy,steve irwin and so many others i can't think of right now.