Mark H asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 1 decade ago

What noise does a train make?

Favorite Answer

The sound of money filling my pockets.

The first noise you will hear will be the loud blast from the air horns ..then next you will hear the rumble of 2 to 3 diesel engines producing as much as 6000 horsepower each.. Once the locomotives pass you may hear a flat spot on a wheel somewhere in a mass of upward to over a hundred cars.you might also hear some slack run in as the engineer slows the train. you wont be able to wave at the conductor in the a caboose that used to be at the end. that's another job the railroads have eliminated... ..gone is the click clack of yesterday caused by the wheels hitting the gap in the rail joints. Rails now come in longer sections which are welded end to end to form what they call ribbon rail...and that's what they sound like...as I hear it...:)

If you truly like trains, it is like beautiful music. It does something to your soul. I'm talking about steam engines. An old Shay sounds like the kind in old cowboy movies. The guy called hoghead is not a true train lover if all he can think of is money instead of the true beauty of the machine. Shame on him. I suggest you find one and enjoy it for yourself. Go to North Carolina Transportation Museum. It's free!

Moo

It goes:

Choo Chooo Choooose You

WOOOO WOOOO chuga chuga WOOO wooo

rumble rumble rumble......woo woo (train getting farther away)

Did you think it went Good-n-Plenty Good-n-Plenty Good-n-Plenty

I always though trains went choo choo.....

Chugga - chugga - chugga - chugga - CHOO - CHOO! lol

Have a nice day.

choo-choo-charley

choo-choo-Charley

Choo - Choo- Charley

Get someone to shovel coal up your Ars* and then set fire to it - the sound will come naturally!