The Drive-By-Truckers are the best songwriting band since Uncle Tupelo broke up, anyone agree or disagree?

I'd just like to know how many of you Yahoo Answerers know either one of these bands.

There are at least 5 cool people on Yahoo Answers, I may have to let this one go to a public vote because all of your answers are GREAT!!!!!

Favorite Answer

That is a good question, I would have to say no. DBT has three song-writers and I really think that only one of them is as good as Jay Farr was in UT. And I don't think any of them are as good as Jeff Tweedy is NOW (I didn't think a whole lot of Tweedy's songwritting while he was in UT and I don't think a whole lot of Jay Farr's songwritting now.)

I lived in Atlanta and was lucky enough to see the Drive By Truckers play several times at The Star Community Bar. This was years ago when no one knew them and there were a few times there would only be about 50 or 60 people in the bar.

• Zelda

A guy I work with is a big Drive By Truckers fan. They were recently in concert in Cleveland.

They better show up at any BBQ I'm giving.Them and Lambchop.Should be a Great afternoon and night.(Tweedy may be seedy,but the Truckers are still Greedy.)

i do no longer think that Yahoo! could inspire human beings to checklist questions, hence I disagree with giving out badges. yet I do besides the indisputable fact that see the element as we would hence comprehend merely who's doing all the reporting...

I love DBT I had bought all of their CDs and they got stolen, I was in withdrawls so bad I had to go buy them all in 2 weeks.... My Bro got me unto them, His band covers 'outfit'. Its my favorite.