Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

What do u do with colleagues who like to stare at your computer screen and ur desk?

Its getting on my nerves that my colleague always like to come to talk to me and at the same time keep staring at my computer screen and my desk and it really irks me coz she is so rude!

Any ideas what i can do?

I always hide n close my applications when she does that! But still cant get my hint...

She always like to talk to me while looking at my screen and examine the stuff i have on my desk..

• galgal
    Favorite Answer

I used to have a boss who literally run through our in-trays to see the incoming quotations and purchasing orders that is sent to us and it really annoys us. In addition this boss of mine is a male boss. I did nothing as I do not want to offend him but everyone of us are very annoyed with his behavior.

so we brain-stormed one day during lunch we should place something on our in-tray to deter him from running his hand through our trays. so we suggested in jest : a fake cockroach, a fake lizard or a mouse trap.

I suggested a sanitary pad. : )

i believed there are innocent ones that unintentionally look at your screen or table. When they are standing, can they really see what is in there?

Maybe you can try putting up some interesting notice to "tell" them politely or take their attention away. EQ ....

Screens always attract my attention. If a TV or computer is on, I'm looking at the screen. It's a completely unconscious thing.

Just mention it. I know because I was the one that was staring at the coworkers computer! I didn't even realize what I was doing.... I would just go over to talk and my eyes would just wander over to the computer screen until one day my coworker jokingly asked why I was so nosey! Now I make sure I mind my business!

get a disk and put on it some full screen captures of some really offensive pictures opened in your company's web browser, but view them from the disk so when she reports you, you can hide the disk... they'll go nuts when they seach your history and find nothing

next time she comes 2 talk 2 u simply do whatever u were doing...................she'll **** off......coz u neednot be so woried about what she sees if u urself r not guilty!...............just kiddin man........best way is simply 2 tell her xactly what u think of people who pry in2 other's business.......do it indirectly just like she plays the nasty game.......u have my sympathies.....

close ur applications when she does that....she should get the hint after sometime....and if that doesnt work...stumped on her toes!

make known to them that you valued your privacy that much and that you like to keep it that way. you can tell them straight, but not in a rude manner.. ... ...

ask them to get out of your personal space.

just tell the person to do their own work and leave you alone

Ask her to go to the pantry and let u screw her ***.