Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Which celebs are known democrats or republicans?
I know that the Dems claim:
The entire Cast of Oceans 11
The Dixie Chicks
and Barbara Streisand
Obviously the Repubs claim Arnold and Mel
which other celebs are politically out?
just so you all know - the lists on wikipedia are NOT very accurate...
Roseanne and Billy Bob Thorton are not republicans, I'm sure...
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I know this is long but hopefully it answers your question,
* Bill Bradley - former Senator from New Jersey
* John Glenn - first American to orbit the earth and former Senator from Ohio
* Jerry Springer - former mayor of Cincinnati
* Warren Beatty - was a campaign advisor to George McGovern and Gary Hart and publicly considered a run for the Democratic nomination for President in the 1990s.
* Al Franken - has expressed interest in running for Senate as a Democrat
* Robert Vaughn - was touted to oppose Ronald Reagan for Governor of California, but decided against it.
* Tim McGraw - has considered a run for public office and was even approached by the Democratic Party in the past to run for a Senate seat but declined. 
* George Peppard (1928-1994) - actor best known as John "Hannibal" Smith on "The A-Team". Later donated and spoke to and for cancer patients. Was a Democrat, and spoke out against Ronald Reagan's health care policies.
Attended a Democratic convention
* Ron Reagan
* James P. Hoffa
* Boyz II Men
* Mary Chapin Carpenter
* Melissa Etheridge
* Janeane Garofalo
* Sam Seder
* Luther Vandross
* Stevie Wonder
* Lewis Black
* The Black Eyed Peas
* Alyssa Milano
* Willie Nelson
* Ben Affleck
Attended a Democratic Party fundraiser or campaigned for a Democratic candidate
* Muhammad Ali
* Jennifer Aniston 
* Jack Black  - campaigned for John Kerry in 2004.
* Michael Bolton
* Jon Bon Jovi
* Natalie Cole
* Billy Crystal 
* John Cusack 
* Larry David 
* Green Day
* Robert DeNiro
* Cameron Diaz
* Theo Epstein - campaigned for John Kerry in 2004.
* Michael J. Fox - campaigned for John Kerry in 2004.
* Doug Flutie - campaigned for Hillary Clinton in 2000.
* Janeane Garofalo - campaigned for Howard Dean in 2004.
* Whoopi Goldberg 
* Dave Grohl 
* Melissa Joan Hart - campaigned for Howard Dean in 2004.
* Rob Lowe 
* Shirley MacLaine
* Brad Pitt-campaigned for John Kerry in 2004 
* Diana Ross
* Meryl Streep 
* John Travolta
* Robert Vaughn
* Gene Wilder
* Robin Williams
* Jake Gyllenhaal
Have donated money to a Democratic candidate
* Ben Affleck 
* Andre Agassi 
* Woody Allen 
* Peter Angelos 
* Ed Asner 
* Kevin Bacon 
* Alec Baldwin 
* Candice Bergen 
* Steve Bing 
* Stockard Channing 
* Chevy Chase
* George Clooney 
* Glenn Close 
* Sean Combs 
* Kevin Costner 
* James Cromwell 
* Walter Cronkite 
* David Cross 
* Tom Cruise
* Matt Damon 
* Ted Danson 
* Ellen DeGeneres 
* Robert DeNiro 
* Alan Dershowitz
* Leonardo DiCaprio 
* Kirk Douglas 
* Michael Douglas 
* Michael Eisner
* Mike Farrell 
* Jane Fonda 
* Harrison Ford 
* James Garner 
* Jennifer Garner 
* Janeane Garofalo 
* Richard Gere 
* Melissa Gilbert 
* John Goodman 
* Nancy Grace 
* Heather Graham 
* Melanie Griffith 
* John Grisham 
* Larry Hagman 
* Tom Hanks 
* Ed Harris 
* Dustin Hoffman 
* Kate Hudson 
* Helen Hunt 
* Will Rogers icon
* Allison Janney 
* Tommy Lee Jones 
* Michael Jordan 
* Ashley Judd 
* Nicole Kidman
* Norman Lear 
* Rob Lowe 
* George Lucas 
* Jenny McCarthy 
* John McEnroe 
* Bette Midler 
* Janel Moloney 
* Michael Moore 
* Paul Newman 
* Jack Nicholson 
* Leonard Nimoy 
* Gwyneth Paltrow 
* Sean Penn 
* Regis Philbin 
* Jada Pinkett Smith 
* Natalie Portman 
* Robert Redford 
* Rob Reiner 
* Chris Rock 
* Tim Robbins 
* Bob Saget 
* Susan Sarandon 
* Bud Selig 
* Martin Sheen 
* Christian Slater 
* Kevin Spacey 
* Steven Spielberg 
* George Soros 
* Leigh Steinberg
* Barbra Streisand 
* Sharon Stone 
* Charlize Theron 
* Marlo Thomas 
* Chris Tucker 
* Ted Turner 
* Alice Walker 
* Dennis Weaver 
* Bradley Whitford 
* Reese Witherspoon 
Also when I worked for the DNC Sarah jessica parker, Edie Falco, and Sandra Bernhard all gave contributions to my office.
Have officially endorsed a Democratic Party member in a recent election
* Chuck D
* Al Franken
* Benjamin McKenzie
* Janeane Garofalo
* Danny Glover 
* John Mayer
* Madonna 
* Lizz Winstead
* Mick Foley- Professional wrestler. On ABC World News Now, he debated with WWE champion John "Bradshaw" Layfield the day before the first Presidential debate. He supported John F. Kerry, John Bradshaw Layfield supported George W. Bush.
* Famke Janssen 
Participants in the "Vote for Change" Tour in support of Democratic Party candidates in 2004
* Bright Eyes
* Jackson Browne
* Dave Matthews Band
* Death Cab for Cutie
* Dixie Chicks
* Kirsten Dunst - Inside Edition, campaigning for John Kerry in Tampa Bay
* John Fogerty
* Jurassic 5
* John Mellencamp
* Keb' Mo'
* My Morning Jacket
* Pearl Jam
* Bonnie Raitt
* Bruce Springsteen
* James Taylor
* Jake Gyllenhaal
* Sheryl Crow
* Shirley Temple Black, actress, ran for Congress as a Republican, former U.S. Ambassador, served under four Republican Presidents. 
* Michael Bloomberg, founder of Bloomberg L.P., Mayor of New York City. 
* Jim Bunning, Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher, U.S. Senator from Kentucky. 
* Clint Eastwood, actor, composer, director, producer, registered Republican, former Mayor of Carmel, California.  
* Fred Grandy, actor, former U.S. Congressman from Iowa. 
* Jack Kemp, professional football player, former U.S. Congressman from New York, candidate for U.S. Vice President in 1996 with presidential nominee Bob Dole. 
* Lawrence Kudlow, CNBC host, journalist, former Associate Director for Economics and Planning in the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) under President Reagan. 
* Steve Largent, Pro Football Hall of Fame wide receiver, former U.S. Congressman from Oklahoma. 
* Judy Martz, Olympic speed skater, former Governor of Montana. 
* Tom Osborne, College Football Hall of Fame head coach, U.S. Congressman from Nebraska. 
* Jim Ryun, Olympic distance runner, U.S. Congressman from Kansas. 
* Joe Scarborough, MSNBC host, former U.S. Congressman from Florida, served on the President's Council under George W. Bush. 
* Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor, bodybuilder, Governor of California. 
* Fred Thompson, actor, former U.S. Senator from Tennessee. 
* J.C. Watts, football player, former U.S. Congressman from Oklahoma. 
Self described Republicans
* Freddie Prinze Jr.. actor 
* Danny Aiello, actor. "I turned in my card to become a Republican because I did not want to be known as a Democrat under that person's regime." 
* Curt Schilling, baseball pitcher, spoke for Bush in '04 election.
* India Allen, actress and model former Playboy Playmate. "I'm a die-hard Republican."
* Kim Alexis, model. 
* Bob Backlund, professional wrestler. 
* Adam Baldwin, actor, is a Republican even stating his views on-line at Fireflyfans.net.
* George A. Borgman, jazz journalist. Listed as Republican in Who's Who in America.
* William F. Buckley, Jr., Libertarian journalist and founder of the National Review magazine.
* James Caan, actor
* Dean Cain, actor  
* Mary Carey, porn star 
* Dixie Carter, actress, once jokingly described herself as "the only Republican in show business" 
* Jim Caviezel, actor.
* Robert Conrad, actor. 
* Robert Davi, actor. Member of the Republican group The Sunday Night Club.
* Ted DiBiase, former professional wrestler. 
* Shannen Doherty, actress. 
* Robert Duvall, "One guy asked me, 'How can you be an actor and be a Republican?' I can vote either way. But how can you boil it down to political affiliation? All the atrocities against blacks in the South were committed by Democratic sheriffs." 
* Dale Earnhardt, Jr., NASCAR driver. "Politically, Junior does side with a voting block known as NASCAR dads. He’s a Republican and he supports George W. Bush." 
* Larry Elder, a radio show host. Elder is, "a member of the Republican Party who holds libertarian ideals."
* Sully Erna, lead singer for rock band Godsmack. "I'm a Republican...I don't love Bush, I'll tell you that, but I want a Republican in office." 
* Shandi Finnessey, Miss USA 2004.  
* Bob Gale, co-screenwriter of Back to the Future, "I'm a registered Republican...and very anti-Communist from way back." (original source doesn't contain quote)
* Vincent Gallo, director, actor 
* Jeff Gordon Nascar Driver, has given money to Republican Kevin Triplett 
* Kelsey Grammer, actor.  
* Erika Harold, former Miss America. 
* Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Survivor contestant and host of The View The Washington Times, Centrists at center stage, by James G. Lakely
* Patricia Heaton, actress.A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004
* Charlton Heston, actor
* Honky Tonk Man, professional wrestler. Member of the Pro Wrestling Republican Coalition. 
* Lisa Kennedy, former MTV veejay, game show host. 
* Rob Konrad, NFL fullback. 
* Dean Jones, actor, Republican activist, 2003 guest of the California Republican Assembly.
* Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Actor, Former World Wrestling Entertainment athlete.
* Patrick Johnson, NFL wide receiver. 
* Shirley Jones, singer and actress, registered Republican who has sung at the 1988 Republican National Convention and the 2003 Christmas Tree Lighting in Washington, DC, at George W. Bush's request 
* Don King, boxing promoter.
* Ernie Ladd, former American football player and professional wrestler. Campaigned for George W. Bush in 2000 and attended the 2000 Republican National Convention.  
* Tommy Lasorda, former major league baseball manager.  
* Al Leiter, professional baseball player. 
* Audra Lynn, Playboy Playmate "Uhhh…(laughs) Republican…definitely!!"
* Don Mattingly, former professional baseball player. 
* Alex Rodriguez, professional baseball player. Gave $2,000 to President Bush in '03. 
* Dina Merrill, actress, co-chair of the Republican Majority for Choice.
* John Popper, lead singer of Blues Traveler. Describes self as "a Libertarian who is a Republican when pushed." 
* Tom Pritchard, former professional wrestler. Member of the Pro Wrestling Republican Coalition.  
* Emily Procter of CSI: Miami stated herself to be a Republican in Esquire.
* Ivan Reitman, director and producer. 
* Mickey Rooney, actor, states he is a Republican in his autobiography Life is Too Short.
* Jane Russell, actress, stated "I have always been a Republican."
* Aaron Russo, Hollywood producer planned to run for Governor of Nevada as a Republican. , 
* Ron Silver, actor. A former Democrat, he appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004, , Outspoken Bush Supporter,
* Jessica Simpson, entertainer. , The Washington Times, Centrists at center stage, by James G. Lakely
* Tony Sirico, actor. "I am a far-to-the-right Republican." 
* Grace Slick, singer. "I am a life-long Republican." interview, "Turn Ben Stein On", Comedy Central, 1999?
* Fred Smerlas, former NFL nose tackle.   
* Ben Stein, former Nixon speechwriter, actor and writer, lawyer, economist, donated money in support of President Bush and Republicans 2004. (Nixon administration staff member) , , 
* Frank Thomas, professional baseball player. 
* Leeann Tweeden, model and television personality, former Playboy Playmate. 
* Ultimate Warrior, professional wrestler.  
* Terri Welles, actress and model, former Playboy Playmate. 
* Chuck Norris, actor - donated money for years to republican presidency and other republicans
* Michael Williford, conservative commentator- has been known to have pro-Bush speeches and supports the Republican party
* Johnny Ramone, Guitarist of the lengendary band, the Ramones, the inventors of punk rock, Washington Times Article
Attended the 2004 Republican National Convention
* Stephen Baldwin, actor. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004
* Brooks and Dunn, musicians. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004
* Bo Derek, actress. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. , 
* Sara Evans, musician. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004
* Vincent Gallo, actor, musician, director. Delegate from New York at the 2004 Republican National Convention. See below.
* Jerry Glanville, former NFL head coach. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Dorothy Hamill, Olympic figure skating gold medalist. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Angie Harmon, actress. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004, 
* Elisabeth Hasselbeck, co-host of The View. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004
* Mark Henry, professional wrestler. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Jonny Lang, blues singer. Performed at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Linda McMahon, professional wrestling personality. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Lisa Moretti, professional wrestling personality. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Lynyrd Skynyrd, rock band. Performed at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Chris Nowinski, professional wrestler. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Though has debated the War in Iraq. 
* Rick Schroder, actor. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Jason Sehorn, football player and husband of Angie Harmon (see above). Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004,  
* Lynn Swann, Pro Football Hall of Famer. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. , Endorsed President Bush in open letter October 21, 2004. , Current candidate for 2006 Republican Primary Election for Pennsylvania Governor. 
* Rip Torn, comic actor. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004
* Travis Tritt, musician. Appeared at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Ron Silver - A True Hollywood-Hero by Lisa Sarrach, September 6, 2004
* Jaci Velasquez, singer. Performed at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* Lee Ann Womack, singer. Performed at the 2004 Republican National Convention. 
* ZZ Top, rock band. Performed at the 2004 Republican National Convention. Source(s): answer.com
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Ben Affleck, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and Billie Joe Armstrong are Democrats.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous5 years ago
that's easy. go with non americans, they don't have Democrats and Republicans anywhere but in America. Or if that's cheating you could always go with Jesse Ventura, former pro wrestler, movie star and former governor Minnesota. From the Independence Party, also formerly of the Reform Party.
- 1 decade ago
Repubs: Kelsey Grammer, Dennis Miller, porn star Mimi Miyagi, and Ron Silver. Also, Liberace, Tex Ritter, Merle Haggard. We're talking massive "A" listers here. Oh, and Gary Oldman, who, I suspect, is a right winger just for shock value.
Dems: Too many to list--something about creativity being nurtured by a culturally and politically liberal climate. Which, of course, wouldn't matter to those who respect the status quo. I guess that's why it's called Conservatism. A perfectly respectable political philosophy, albeit one I just don't 'get.'
- Anonymous5 years ago
- 1 decade ago
most rich people favor republicans
charles barkley is gonna run for alabama gov. as a democrat
- Anonymous5 years ago
That's not wrong
- Anonymous1 decade ago
- blingdingLv 51 decade ago
i dont know which r which, but i do know that there is Angelina Jolie and Arnold Schwarzenegger