What is the most influential book for high school students (or teens high school aged)?

I have a 4-5 page essay to do for my College English class - but I was just wondering about other peoples' opinions. What do you think is the most influential book for a high school student? Thanks! :)

Favorite Answer

Night, by Elie Wiesal

Scarlett Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Animal Farm, by George Orwell

To Kill a Mockingbird, by...the author escapes me

Just some that have been meaning to me, personally

1

Source(s): Open Your Chakras http://enle.info/ChakraActivationSystem

If you are looking for a book that is not going to be widely known and you want to do an essay that no one else will have read the book "Go Ask Alice". It has some grown up themes in it, but it is the diary of a teenager who runs away, hooked on drugs, etc. It is a true story told by her actual diary published by her parents.

"We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin

It was the influence behind "Brave New World" and "1984". The book then and even more now is very important and somewhat scary. I read it my senior year of high school in my regular English class (16 years ago). Once my teacher read my paper on it, he directed me to AP English where I excelled. I am partial to Russian writers like Fyodor Dostoevsky ("Crime and Punishment") because I am seeing more and more examples of their society take birth in ours. For any college student I think it's very important to understand as much about society and the world as you possibly can.

I am in high school and I read Night by Elie Wiesle and That book changed my veiw on everything! it was a book based around the holocaust and it was an awesome book!!!! It was a real eye opener to all the oppertunites and privilages we have today! I highly recomend this book!!!

Right now, Twilight by Stephanie Meyer if you're one of the desparetly hooked readers. Also, Caught in the Act by Patrick Something. And 1984 by George Orwell.

Source(s): teenager - (That's me!:D)

Certainly a lot of teens over the years have related heavily to "Catcher in the Rye." It's still my sister's favorite book (25 years after reading it) and I think it strikes a chord with any young person who feels somewhat alienated from his or her world (which is pretty much the definition of "teenager" !)

look, they are going to substitute up a splash. Be greater rebellious and all that "sturdy" stuff. yet, you should stay in touch of their life and you should enable them to "play around" with each thing rather. you could enable them to p.c.. their very own training too. If their college is properly strict on pointless stuff, than do no longer panic every time you get a letter in the mail. Their grades might drop rather in the middle, yet do no longer panic, they simply are not used to the homework and stuff, by making use of the 2nd semester you adult males will all adjust to having little ones in extreme college, fairly it is no longer that undesirable.

Dharma punx.

This is the story of a young man and a generation of angry youths who rebelled against their parents and the unfulfilled promise of the sixties.

As with many self-destructive kids, Noah Levine's search for meaning led him first to punk rock, drugs, drinking, and dissatisfaction. But the search didn't end there. Having clearly seen the uselessness of drugs and violence, Noah looked for positive ways to channel his rebellion against what he saw as the lies of society.

Fueled by his anger and so much injustice and suffering, Levine now uses that energy and the practice of Buddhism to awaken his natural wisdom and compassion.

Noah Levine is a Buddhist teacher, author and counselor. He is trained to teach by Jack Kornfield of Spirit Rock Meditation Center in Woodacre, CA. He teaches meditation classes, workshops and retreats nationally as well as leading groups in juvenile halls and prisons. Noah holds a masters degree in counseling psychology from CIIS. He has studied with many prominent teachers in both the Theravadan and Mahayanan Buddhist traditions.

Noah currently lives in Los Angeles, CA.

Catcher in the Rye or as an older teen i was moved by The Bell Jar.