Is Oklahoma ABOVE or beside Texas??

I'm in a heated debate as to whether Oklahoma is above, or beside Texas. Dont tell me it's both! I say above because ALL of Okie is above. Just tell me simply, above or beside.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

all of oklahoma is above the great state of Texas.

• Papa
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Above

• 1 decade ago

Above

• 1 decade ago

Above!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm going against the crowd. Above means on top of, so even though it is north of Texas it is beside it. The person who lives next door to you isn't above you or below you they are beside you. A person in an apartment over you is Above you.

• 1 decade ago

Some parts of OK are east, and even south, of some points in TX. That fact notwithstanding, my answer would be that OK is above TX.

Is it really a good idea to get into a "heated debate" about something like this?

• 1 decade ago

Oklahoma sits directly north of Texas geographically. However, and you may not want to hear this, the panhandle of Texas is actually beside the western most border of Oklahoma.

So, technically it is both. More commonly people refer to Oklahoma as being north of Texas.

Source(s): Former resident of Texas.
  • ang
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

above

• 1 decade ago

above. the states next to texas is new mexico on the left and Louisiana on the right under is the gulf of mexico

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

above

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.