Why are corner shops not always on the corner?

i dont get how its called a corner shop when it isnt on the corner....

Anyone else know any "corner" shops?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Corner shops are not always on the corner, coz maybe there is no corner. LOL

The Chinese are known to be poor with English, so maybe for them "Corner" means the Middle of the road !?!

• Nedan
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Also just a thought, but as the town grows, maybe the road moves too. Now the shop that used to be on the corner is in the middle of the row, and the new house is on the corner?

Expansion, houses and shops have to go somewhere, they all can't be on a corner can they?

Just what would a town of nothing but corners look like? Hmmmmm? Strange concept.

• 1 decade ago

Good question!

I have often wondered this too. I've seen loads of shops that claim to be corner shops when they aren't on a corner, but thinking about it, I know of four corner stores that .... wait for it... ARE on corners. You just have to look hard, and you willl find them

Sorry it's not a spectacular answer, but it's the best I could do!

• 1 decade ago

they had to move the shops probably because of the type of people that hang out on street corners,i'm not being sarcastic either. most street corners are used to sell illicit things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

i'm a AfrianAmerican born in Philadelphia and now stay in San Diego. this is a competent sociology question. interior the black community growing to be up, no person aspires to be a save save. this is the variety of vocation this is seem down upon right here.childrens wanna be basketball of soccer stars; clever childrens wanna be medical doctors and legal experts. human beings from different international locations think of particularly in any different case. They sense they won't in any respect difficulty approximately feeding their kin in the event that they own a nutrition save; in addition they think of in terms of possessing 2 or 3 nutrition shops and that they do no longer ought to difficulty approximately jobs for his or her kin. human beings right here, we are continuously thinking approximately getting wealthy relatively of being wealthy .

• 1 decade ago

sometimes they move the corner?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.