Is it fair to label Roger Federer as the "Tiger Woods" of tennis?

Considering Federer's track record of the past couple of years, I think it would be more appropriate to say that "Tiger Woods" might be the Roger Federer of Golf. Tiger does not dominate Golf like Roger does tennis.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

TIGER WOODS

YEAR

Masters

U.S. Open

British Open

PGA Champ.

22nd

17th

9th

24th

Won

2nd

Won

4th

3rd

82nd

Won

Won

ROGER FEDERER

YEAR

Australian Open

French Open

Wimbledon

U.S. Open

Won

Round of 32

Won

Won

Semifinal

Semifinal

Won

Won

Won

Runner-up

Won

?

Federer: the Woods of tennis? Maybe Woods is the Federer of golf.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I think it's fair to draw comparisons between the two. Both are incredible athletes that have dominated their respective sports for a long time. Because longevity in golf is greater than in tennis, Federer's 3+ year reign on court is completely equitable to Wood's 10+ year tenure at the top on the greens.

But I think with both athletes it's more than prize money, rankings, and numbers of championships. Both men have mastered the art of their game. Watching them play is an absolute delight to the senses-- such artistry and genius in what they do. I would encourage everyone to try and see both play in person. It's out of this world.

• 1 decade ago

HAHA NO WAY, when federer can win all his tournements, by completly giving the others no chance at all, and for ten years, then MAYBE, but right now no way........ I mean when you watch federer play tennis, its like watching a tennis match, when you watch tiger play golf, its like watching him walk around for 5 hours, so boring, cause noone else is even close

• 1 decade ago

The question should be labeled - "Is it fair to label Tiger as the Federer of Golf?"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

golf is for people who cant play tennis. its not even a sport. its an insult to compare tiger to roger.

• 1 decade ago

no case his days are gone now nadal wiil beat him

• john
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

fair say

• 1 decade ago

No not yet

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.