Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Where can I find these and what should I call them?

I bought a German dining set that looks just like a basic breakfast nook. It has an "L" shaped bench and three dining chairs. The pads on the bench and chairs is a grotesque tan/brown 1970's pattern, which wouldn't be so bad, but some of them are discolored. I would like to find replacement pads, but my internet searches have turned up nothing. I need pads for the seats (to fit the benches and chairs) and for the backs. I am planning to make my own but not until I get home where I have more of a fabric selection. Does anyone know of any stores that do indoor, dining set bench pads (not piano bench pads) or people who do custom sewing jobs? Thanks a lot!

Favorite Answer

I do custom sewing...recovering your bench and chair cushions, (pads are for just the seat not the back) like these>>> http://www.nextag.com/chair-pad/search-html is quite easy...remove the fabric from the cushions, turn in-side-out and use them as a pattern, cut your new fabric 1/2 inch bigger, place the cut fabric with the pattern or color side together in the inside, sew along three of the edges, turn right-side-out, recover cushion and sew remaining side.

custom cushions>>>http://www.customcushions.net/

JC Penney catalog has a good selection of cushions for odd shaped chairs and benches at reasonable pricing.

Look up "re-upholstery" or "upholstery" in your local yellow-pages. They will make whatever you want.

(In the kitchens we've done - some have benches, and customers always get them specially made - and they don't cost an arm and leg)

you can take them to a carpenter and he can reupholster them. Just go to a fabric store and pick the fabric you want and give it to the carpenter

• Have you tried simply turning them over ?

Have you tried taking them to a dry cleaners?