Should I pick up Vincent Jackson (WR) off the waiver wire?

Right now, I have Chambers, D. Bennett, Mark Clayton, Moulds, and Chris Henry as my receiving corps in a 14-team league. I like Jackson a lot, but I'd have to give up a solid backup RB (e.g. DeAngelo Williams or Michael Bennett) or one of the aforementioned WRs to get Jackson. Do you think he's worth the risk in a league that is RB-oriented?

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't drop either of those RBs for Jackson, since it's still unclear where he'll fit in the Chargers' offense. I know they need another receiver to step it up, but there's no guarantee that it will be Jackson, and that he'll even see many balls thrown his way.

He's one of those guys I'd watch the first week or two, then try to grab if he seems to be doing well. But at this point, I'd take any of your other five receivers over him if given the choice.

He could be good, but Phillip Rivers is totally unproven. They will have to be a run-first team for a while. Jackson could be the 4th or 5th best option on that team behind LT, Gates, McCardell, and even Eric Parker at times.

So, no, I don't think he's worth it in a RB oriented league. For RB sleppers, grab Jerious Norwood (Falcons), or Jerome Harrison (CLE).

At WR, Greg Jennings took over the #2 WR pot in Green Bay. They are going to fall behind early and often.

Also, for RB backups, consider dropping Bennett in favor of Michael Turner. Bennett breaks down when the wind blows too hard.

get rid of Smith for Maclin, a minimum of for a commerce or some thing and greater intensity at WR. Maclin's a beast, and by some skill I have no thought why, yet Smith lost his beginning place, and is now the third back... weird and wonderful.

Get rid of Chris Henry. He was arrested this year and the league is going to suspend him soon.

dont do it. Ur WR's are good the way it is.

Source(s): 2 years fantasy football experience. I know its not much, so just shut up!

No you shouldnt.

there has to be someone better.

who? never