whats the best weight loss pills?

Can anyone tell me what the best weight loss pills are from the uk, what work!!! Have gone from a size 14 to 18 after having a baby 9 months ago and im eating healthy and excercising and still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

There are three weigh loss drugs licenced in the UK. To get them on the NHS you need a BMI of over 30. You can buy them privately on-line, but you're looking at £100 - £150 for a months supply.

The three are:

Meridia - an appetite suppressant. Famous for being seen falling out of Britney Spears handbag. Did nothing for me, but I eat because I'm bored/angry etc, not because I'm actually hungry.

Xenical - Stops your body absorbing 33% of your daily fat intake. On the plus side it does work, and providing you don't start easting extra biscuits because 'the Xenical will take care of it' weight should come off quite quickly. On the down side that 33% fat has to come out somewhere. Its not uncommon for it to come out very quickly at unexpected moments. I have 'xenicalled myself' in the middle of a busy supermarket.

Acomplia - Brand new on the market. An appetite suppressant that supposedly also breaks habit eating & boredom eating. mine was delivered yesterday, I haven't started it yet but I have high hopes.

One word of warning. Don't pay for Boot weight loss programme. All it is is a private GP that will write you a private prescription for Xenical. It'll cost you around £150 a month. that private GP can only prescribe you Xenical is your BMI is over. And if your BMI is over 30 your own GP can give it to you for free.

Good luck whatever you choose.

none, after watching a consumer programme last week test how effective slimming pill are, there nothing in them that actually help weight loss. like u i put on 4 stone (size 12 up 2 a 16/18) after having my 2 youngest 2 years apart. i joined weight watchers in march & ive loss 35 pound! and i dont think of it as a diet ( never lasted more than cple of hours on a diet ever) i would recomend it 2 any 1!

• Enilda

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

There isn't one that works consistently, I can tell you that the only sure way to lose weight is to take less calories in than you expend. Eat a little less, exercise a little more.

Losing weight takes time, it took you a while to put it on and it will take about that long to take it off. Best of luck to you, just keep doing what your doing, sounds like you are on the right track.

Supplements are dangerous if not used correctly. I tried pretty much everything lipo 6, hydroxycut, xenadrine. None of them really worked. The most important thing is cardio. Running is the best but the eliptical machine is probably the best on your knees. Watch out for carbs but dont cut them out completely or you'll crave them all the time. On a normal diet and with 1-1/2 hours a day and i lost 47 lbs in three months. There is a pill called yellow swarm that one of my soldiers is taking he says that works for him...i dunno. be safe and good luck.

No pills at all! Go talk to your doctor about a good diet/exercise program to lose the weight an tone back up.

To be honest if your eating healthy and still not losing weight you should try and take up some exercise maybe walking or swimming would be good, if you are going to result to slimming pills then xenical are very good, but I would not attempt to get these on the internet speak to your GP.

there are no good weight loss pills. lose weight naturally

• NAQ

meridia. my friend was on it and she lost a few pounds through just being on that pill. it stops being effective after a few shedded pounds if you dont diet and exercise while taking it (she didnt exercise or eat right so after she lost 20 pounds it wasnt as effective). but since you are then its probably something for you to consider. it is only available through prescription.

Remain faithful to a more lean protein/green veggie diet