Does red lipstick look good on everybody? If it doesn't, do you think it would look good on me?

Ok, I don't mean the bright candy apple red necessarily but a form of red. I would show you a picture, but I don't have one so here is what I look like: My hair is really dark, but it has sort of a red tint to it and its really long (a little longer than the middle of my back), I'm tan (but not really... show more Ok, I don't mean the bright candy apple red necessarily but a form of red. I would show you a picture, but I don't have one so here is what I look like: My hair is really dark, but it has sort of a red tint to it and its really long (a little longer than the middle of my back), I'm tan (but not really really dark), I have dark brown eyes, and my lips are sort of heart shaped but not majorly and I think they are medium full (maybe medium large).

So, I don't have any red lipstick and don't want to waste money (even though its only a few bucks) if its going to look terrible. Any suggestions then? Thanks!
Update: lol, I live in a small town and to go to a Sephora or M.A.C. I would have to drive1 1/2 hours because I'm only surrounded by small towns to....thanks for the answers so far!
Update 2: I would only be a hooker if I paired it with blue eye shadow and I don't plan on doing that...goodness
Update 3: grudgrime....I would say I have a warm skin tone